Archived Topic

Richard Harward too?

by Fido · 4/26/2019

Advertisement
F
Fido
1121846593093681152
F
Fido
He would need to sit out a season as a mid-career transfer.
G
Guest
Lots of UVU guys going to be on this team. I hope they can step up their game.
N
nuk13
The guy is hefty. They list him at 6' 11" and 255 lbs.
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:

Lots of UVU guys going to be on this team. I hope they can step up their game.

They won the WAC, which was basically the WCC minus Gonzaga.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Mars wrote:


Lots of UVU guys going to be on this team. I hope they can step up their game.

They won the WAC, which was basically the WCC minus Gonzaga.


Not last season. The WCC was carried heavily as always by Gonzaga, but ended up 8th in nation because all around play was a step up. WCC 8th, WAC 16th.
G
Gunk
Yeah, I'm skeptical on all these UVU guys joining the team. If they work hard and turn out to be amazing players, great. If they turn out to be our bench players all the better.
F
frdbtr
So if we had hired Madsen, would he have brought half the lakers with him? ;)
C
CrimsonCoug
Yeah, we missed out on that. Now Mad Dog's gonna take the Lakers with him to Orem. :lol:
B
BlueK
Madsen has a tough job at UVU with so many transferring out. There are two others besides the three who are going to BYU. But they are also getting a couple coming in from Weber State.
Advertisement
N
nuk13
BlueK wrote:

Madsen has a tough job at UVU with so many transferring out. There are two others besides the three who are going to BYU. But they are also getting a couple coming in from Weber State.


He will recruit well.
C
CrimsonCoug
I agree. I think he'll do well at UVU and it will be a good place for him to cut his teeth as a D1 HC. Essentially him going to UVU serves as an insurance policy against Pope leaving--either moving up or for not performing. Or if Madsen is super successful, and Pope is middling along, I'm sure Madsen would be intersted in the Provo job. And having Madsen at UVU will push Pope and his staff to continue to be on the top of their game--both on the court and the recruiting trail.



This couldn't have worked out better for BYU.



And I'm very excited for my old mission buddy. :)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.