Archived Topic

American Fork's Trey Stewart changes commit to BYU

by Fido · 4/26/2019

Advertisement
F
Fido
https://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/basketball/men/af-s-trey-stewart-switches-commitment-to-cougars/article_d1f3b23b-a9cb-5933-816d-20e580e562e1.html



American Fork guard Trey Stewart, who committed to Utah Valley in November, has been released from his letter of intent and intends to play for Pope in Provo.



Stewart is a 6-foot-3 guard and the son of former UVU and UC Santa Barbara standout Ray Stewart, who is currently an assistant coach for the BYU women’s basketball team.



He plans on serving a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and will return for the 2021-22 season.
E
EM_Puma
I don't know Trey from Adam, but I'm struggling a bit to understand that if he was deemed worthy of a scholie, and his father was on-staff for BYU's women team that he didn't get a scholie offer from Dave Rose. What am I missing?
F
Fido
Rose had already offered Li and Da Silva as scholarship players, had Knell coming off a mission, and added Miller as a walk-on. I don't know what the recruiting relationship was like between Rose and Stewart--but he obviously likes Pope. And he will now join Casey Brown and Nate Hansen as returning missionaries for 2021-22. 7 currently rostered players will be gone by then (Emery, Haws, Maughan, Nixon, Seljaas, Troy, and of course Toolson).
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.