Archived Topic

Toolson to BYU

by hawkwing · 4/24/2019

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Best news I've heard in awhile. Everyone said this was a distant possibility. Wow.
E
EM_Puma
ESPN ranks him as #28th best transfer for 2019-20 season.



http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26530279/college-basketball-transfer-rankings-2019-20-2020-21



In that same article, I hadn't heard that Santa Clara has lost Feagin to SDSU. He was noted at the 18th best transfer. Good pickup for SDSU.

18. KJ Feagin, 6-1, 190 pounds, PG, RS Jr., Santa Clara

Committed to San Diego State.

Averaged 17.5 points and 4.0 assists in 2017-18.



You look at all those in the transfer portals and many have been picked up already. This really changes the college game as now players use opportunities at smaller schools to basically set them up for bigger and better opportunities at other schools. I can see how DR lost his taste a bit for the game. If it wasn't hard enough, it suddenly got harder.
E
EM_Puma
I had heard that Puketah had a player in the transfer portal, but listening to the local sports radio, I hadn't thought him to be much as many were downplaying this. Surprised then to see that ESPN lists him as the #10 transfer out there:



10. Jayce Johnson, 7-0, 235 pounds, C, RS Jr., Utah

Was a major factor down the stretch for Utah, especially on the glass and at the defensive end. Averaged 7.1 points and 7.7 rebounds.



Too bad not a guy we could have swung down here as that sounds like a big that we could use.
E
EM_Puma
Johnson shot only 40% from the foul line? Geez, don't want him. Sounds like he's likely going to Nebraska anyhow.
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Please hit some three pointers!
F
Fido
Great! We can use another shooter.
B
BroncoBot
byufan4ever wrote:

Please hit some three pointers!


You speaking to the 2018-19 BYU team? I agree. They were terrible.
F
frdbtr
We can always use guys who can spread the floor. This, IMO, was the biggest problem last years team had. Literally no one was a consistent threat from deep.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Better question is whether Toolson takes TJ's spot at point and TJ moved to the 2.
F
Fido
1132016978573504512
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.