Archived Topic

Do we keep KS as head coach?

by scott715 · 4/15/2019

Advertisement
S
scott715
A couple years ago I was ready to can him. The offense coaches are so much better and I like the way the team is shaping up with added depth. I think we keep him. Are chance his contract gets renewed now?
S
SpiffCoug
I think we'll know more by the end of Septmber.



Unfortunately, I fear there's a real strong chance that we have a winless September and at that point, I don't think you can renew his contract.



Conversely, a good Sept and we could easily see a contract extension before Halloween.
S
scott715
If we beat Utah in week 1 fans will go crazy.
F
Fido
I think he is kept. The Detmer experiment combined with a bunch of players in the system that weren't making the cut derailed things for a bit. Several of these scholarships have been reclaimed and I'm optimistic going forward.
M
Mars
scott715 wrote:

If we beat Utah in week 1 fans will go crazy.

True.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
It depends on how the team does this fall. If we have another losing or 6-6 season, I want him gone. If he wins 8 to 9 games or better I think he has earned another year, but no long term contract until we see more success.
G
Guest
I think he stays now. I expect a 7 - 8 win season which is good enough for him to stick around.
B
BroncoBot
hawkwing wrote:

I think he stays now. I expect a 7 - 8 win season which is good enough for him to stick around.


Oh my, the BYU fan's perception of coaching requirements has certainly changed.
B
byufan4ever
Bronco pushed out for winning less than 10 games; Sitake gets a golden throne for winning 6 games.
S
snoscythe
"Any time you tolerate mediocrity in others, it increases your mediocrity." - Colin Powell
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.