G
GuestArchived Topic
Jahshire Hardnet transferring
by hawkwing · 3/12/2019
Advertisement
G
GunkAnyone surprised?
Question is how many more transfer.
Question is how many more transfer.
B
byufan4everSo he requested a transfer, Rose convinced him to stay, he played a few minutes off of the bench, then magically broke his hand and didn't play again? While was never going to be an all-american, he had a lot of good qualities (fire, determination, fearless) that I wish our other players had. He really could have been the perfect PG on a team that could surround him with shooters.
S
SpiffCougI don't recall ever seeing a transfer say he was "cutting ties" with a program. I think he was very frustrated with his role. I'm not sure I buy his "injury" either. He quit the team in late Dec, but Rose (or others) was able to convince him to stay in school for one more semester and graduate and get his degree. But I think it was clear he didn't want to play any more for BYU and Rose didn't want to play him either.
G
GunkSpiffCoug wrote:
I don't recall ever seeing a transfer say he was "cutting ties" with a program. I think he was very frustrated with his role. I'm not sure I buy his "injury" either. He quit the team in late Dec, but Rose (or others) was able to convince him to stay in school for one more semester and graduate and get his degree. But I think it was clear he didn't want to play any more for BYU and Rose didn't want to play him either.
I thought that language was pretty harsh too.
Reminded me of Carlino saying when he left, he loved everything about BYU except the basketball. Now in Carlino's case, I don't think the fans were very fair with him. The fans loved Hardnett.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFANGunk wrote:
I don't recall ever seeing a transfer say he was "cutting ties" with a program. I think he was very frustrated with his role. I'm not sure I buy his "injury" either. He quit the team in late Dec, but Rose (or others) was able to convince him to stay in school for one more semester and graduate and get his degree. But I think it was clear he didn't want to play any more for BYU and Rose didn't want to play him either.
I thought that language was pretty harsh too.
Reminded me of Carlino saying when he left, he loved everything about BYU except the basketball. Now in Carlino's case, I don't think the fans were very fair with him. The fans loved Hardnett.
:P The fans were unfair to the dude who jacked up contested threes 10 seconds into the shot clock? :lol: :lol:
B
byufan4everABYUFAN wrote:SpiffCoug wrote:
I don't recall ever seeing a transfer say he was "cutting ties" with a program. I think he was very frustrated with his role. I'm not sure I buy his "injury" either. He quit the team in late Dec, but Rose (or others) was able to convince him to stay in school for one more semester and graduate and get his degree. But I think it was clear he didn't want to play any more for BYU and Rose didn't want to play him either.
I thought that language was pretty harsh too.
Reminded me of Carlino saying when he left, he loved everything about BYU except the basketball. Now in Carlino's case, I don't think the fans were very fair with him. The fans loved Hardnett.
:P The fans were unfair to the dude who jacked up contested threes 10 seconds into the shot clock? :lol: :lol:
Yeah some of that criticism was deserved. I think he wanted to be the next Jimmer really bad. And he was actually a really good passer (some of his passes were just pin point accurate like a QB threading the needle) so if he could have had better shot selection then he could have been a real star.
B
Brayden GreenWho cares?
We have two guards on the team that defend and pass better than him. He was the best at driving the ball and throwing it wildly at the hoop though, we'll miss that I guess.
We have two guards on the team that defend and pass better than him. He was the best at driving the ball and throwing it wildly at the hoop though, we'll miss that I guess.
B
BroncoBotGerbersen, gone.
S
snoscytheBroncoBot wrote:
Gerbersen, gone.
LOL.
Funny aside, if we lose Hardnett, Bergersen, and Childs to early departures, that means we lost every single minority player in one off-season.
That's terrible optics for the BYU program on the recruiting trail.
Advertisement
G
Gunksnoscythe wrote:
Gerbersen, gone.
LOL.
Funny aside, if we lose Hardnett, Bergersen, and Childs to early departures, that means we lost every single minority player in one off-season.
That's terrible optics for the BYU program on the recruiting trail.
Don't forget Baxter.
But I see your point. Not good optics. Rose does seem to struggle with keeping minorities on the team.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

