Archived Topic

Scout's Final Utah Top 25 Recruits is out

by Mars · 1/27/2010

Advertisement
M
Mars


1 Bronson Kaufusi DE Provo (Utah) Timpview 6-6/220 BYU

5 A'I Ho-Ching OLB Sandy (Utah) Alta 6-0.5/225 BYU

6 Tuni Kanuch DT South Jordan (Utah) Bingham 6-1/285 BYU

8 Sae Tautu OLB Highland (Utah) Lone Peak 6-3/215 BYU

9 Jordan Black OT Sandy (Utah) Alta 6-7/235 BYU

10 Bryan Sampson TE Pleasant Grove (Utah) Pleasant Grove 6-4/210 BYU

11 Joey Owens OLB Pleasant Grove (Utah) Pleasant Grove 6-2/215 BYU

13 Algernon Brown RB Salt Lake City (Utah) Skyline 6-1/205 BYU

15 Jordan Afo DT Salt Lake City (Utah) Cottonwood 6-4/300 BYU

16 Manu Mulitalo OG West Valley City (Utah) Granger 6-3/305 BYU

http://recruiting.scout.com/3/2010_Utah.html
P
ProV1
BYU - 10 out of top 25

Utah State - 4 out of top 25

Utah - 2 out of top 25



Interesting trend.
J
jonnylingo
ProV1 wrote:
BYU - 10 out of top 25

Utah State - 4 out of top 25

Utah - 2 out of top 25



Interesting trend.


Could have been 11 if we had saved a spot for heimuli. I know most people don't care, but it would be great to have gotten him and it looks like we had a real shot.
D
Ddawg
jonnylingo wrote:
BYU - 10 out of top 25

Utah State - 4 out of top 25

Utah - 2 out of top 25



Interesting trend.


Could have been 11 if we had saved a spot for heimuli. I know most people don't care, but it would be great to have gotten him and it looks like we had a real shot.


Personally - I really wanted Heimuli! He's an animanl - a diesel - a dozer!! I kept hearing we didn't have a chance.

What's the deal - there's always room for serious talent like Heimuli! Is he interested? Why did he drag his feet?

I feel certain Bronco would make room if he called up & said - "Coach - I really want to play for the Cougs!"

He still has not committed yet - right???
J
jonnylingo
Ddawg wrote:
ProV1 wrote:
BYU - 10 out of top 25

Utah State - 4 out of top 25

Utah - 2 out of top 25



Interesting trend.


Could have been 11 if we had saved a spot for heimuli. I know most people don't care, but it would be great to have gotten him and it looks like we had a real shot.


Personally - I really wanted Heimuli! He's an animanl - a diesel - a dozer!! I kept hearing we didn't have a chance.

What's the deal - there's always room for serious talent like Heimuli! Is he interested? Why did he drag his feet?

I feel certain Bronco would make room if he called up & said - "Coach - I really want to play for the Cougs!"

He still has not committed yet - right???


The reports say that he became quite interested in byu until they said no schollie left. then things went south. he may still be playing the game though. if bronco can find him a schollie for this year, there may be a suprise, but it looks like byu has moved on and so has he.
Advertisement
C
craigoscarson
Ddawg wrote:
ProV1 wrote:
BYU - 10 out of top 25

Utah State - 4 out of top 25

Utah - 2 out of top 25



Interesting trend.


Could have been 11 if we had saved a spot for heimuli. I know most people don't care, but it would be great to have gotten him and it looks like we had a real shot.


Personally - I really wanted Heimuli! He's an animanl - a diesel - a dozer!! I kept hearing we didn't have a chance.

What's the deal - there's always room for serious talent like Heimuli! Is he interested? Why did he drag his feet?

I feel certain Bronco would make room if he called up & said - "Coach - I really want to play for the Cougs!"

He still has not committed yet - right???


It'd be nice to have him, but remember, he didn't even win state player of the year. Our recruiting class is in fine shape.



I'd rather concentrate on the future and nailing down Harvey Langi, Sefarian-Jenkins, Kasen Williams, and Troy Hinds... and finding suitable replacements for Brian Logan, Brandon Bradley, Andrew Rich after next season.



It doesn't hurt that we're playing in Hawaii in the future (easy to sell that trip; though as we know it's not the vacation it would seem to be) and that Texas game would be the 1st game of the '11 class.
D
Ddawg
craigoscarson wrote:
jonnylingo wrote:
BYU - 10 out of top 25

Utah State - 4 out of top 25

Utah - 2 out of top 25



Interesting trend.


Could have been 11 if we had saved a spot for heimuli. I know most people don't care, but it would be great to have gotten him and it looks like we had a real shot.


Personally - I really wanted Heimuli! He's an animanl - a diesel - a dozer!! I kept hearing we didn't have a chance.

What's the deal - there's always room for serious talent like Heimuli! Is he interested? Why did he drag his feet?

I feel certain Bronco would make room if he called up & said - "Coach - I really want to play for the Cougs!"

He still has not committed yet - right???


It'd be nice to have him, but remember, he didn't even win state player of the year. Our recruiting class is in fine shape.



I'd rather concentrate on the future and nailing down Harvey Langi, Sefarian-Jenkins, Kasen Williams, and Troy Hinds... and finding suitable replacements for Brian Logan, Brandon Bradley, Andrew Rich after next season.



It doesn't hurt that we're playing in Hawaii in the future (easy to sell that trip; though as we know it's not the vacation it would seem to be) and that Texas game would be the 1st game of the '11 class.


"Craigo" & Jonny-L" - you guys always have good scoop & perspective. You're solid posters. Please keep the good stuff coming. Thx!
K
kjjson
ProV1 wrote:
BYU - 10 out of top 25

Utah State - 4 out of top 25

Utah - 2 out of top 25



Interesting trend.


I prefer to look at it as:



BYU 10 out of top 16.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.