Archived Topic

BYU-Texas 2011

by Dcr36 · 1/26/2010

Advertisement
G
gmj81
Wow! I really hope this is true. Holmoe has been saying something was in the works. But BYU never seems to announce it until all the i's are dotted and all the t's are crossed.



The article didn't say anything about a return trip in '12 but considering Bronco's recent compliments of teams requesting such a deal an 'insult', I'm guessing we'll be seeing the Horns in Provo come 2012.
C
CannonCougar85
This is awesome!! Especially if it turns out to be a home and home series. I have heard Bronco say in the past that they will only do home and home games so I assume that it will be but that hasn't been announced yet. Go Cougars!
G
gmj81
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Confirmed by BYU press release and SL trib:



http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p=10129&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1





Sounds like one and done.


That blows but it will give us huge SOS points in 2011 and will set us up for a NC run if we can win them all.



I honestly don't understand it. You'll give Wyoming a home-and-home but don't feel like the Cougars are worthy? WTF? Pansies.



We better be getting payout of over a million for this.
Advertisement
C
CougarPeasant
It's great to be playing Texas, but it sucks that they didn't announce the return date for a one and one. BYU better be getting more than what they got for playing OU in Arlington last fall.
C
CougarPeasant
Oh, and as for the Wyoming series, I believe that was a 2 and 1, with the 1 being first and then Wyoming goes to Austin for the next 2 games.
S
StatsCougar
gmj81 wrote:
Confirmed by BYU press release and SL trib:



http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p=10129&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1





Sounds like one and done.


That blows but it will give us huge SOS points in 2011 and will set us up for a NC run if we can win them all.



I honestly don't understand it. You'll give Wyoming a home-and-home but don't feel like the Cougars are worthy? WTF? Pansies.



We better be getting payout of over a million for this.


The don't want to come here, they remember 1988.
R
redneckjedi
On KLBJ this afternoon they announced that the "Mormons, and big, big love are coming to town" in 2011. But at least they respect our football team - they talked about it being a good, national game, unlike Wyoming, FAU, Rice, or even members of their own conference like Iowa State.



My wife and I are already making plans. :D
J
jonnylingo
redneckjedi wrote:
On KLBJ this afternoon they announced that the "Mormons, and big, big love are coming to town" in 2011. But at least they respect our football team - they talked about it being a good, national game, unlike Wyoming, FAU, Rice, or even members of their own conference like Iowa State.



My wife and I are already making plans. :D


I won't miss that game.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I keep saying this, but Holmoe has yet to ink a BCS game in LES. I'm not saying it is his fault, but I do want a comment on the issue and he hasn't. Get the issue out in the public so we're not wondering constantly what's going on. The horizon for good season tickets has been growing dim during his tenure and I have a feeling that unless he does a 2 for 1 that we're not going to seen any more BSC teams in Provo. I think BSU is in the same boat.



My personal feeling is that it was okay to play OU in Dallas, but Texas in Austin without any return? Although we really don't lose anything and have everything to gain, but the honest truth is I don't want to have season tickets to four MWC teams and two non-BCS teams every season and that will be the future unless something changes.
U
Ungoy
Awesome to get Texas on the schedule for 2011. I think BYU will have a much better chnce at that game than they will be given credit for. I was reading the comment board on the D-News, and couldn't help respond to one particular hater who posted:



"Who cares that you schedules "UT". YOu have to actually win the game to get any respect. I predict they will run you off the field. Sped kills and max hall and john beck austin collie have all graduated. UT reloads every year."



I responded:



"Have you taken a look at BYU's recruiting class for 2010? Currently, Scout.com has BYU ranked with the 15th best recruiting class. The highest, non-AQ school. That includes places like Utah, Boise State, and TCU. Also better than teams from BCS conferences such as USC, Ohio State, Miami etc... Sure Texas is higher at number 3, but I would say that the recruiting class that BYU has coming in would be considered reloading. Last year all we heard about was how Oklahoma's speed would kill BYU. How did that turn out again? Oh yeah, 14-13 in favor of BYU. Also, BYU holds the all time record against Texas, 2-0, 22-17 in Texas, and a 47-6 shalacking in Provo. From my point of view, so far, it's been the "slow white" guys from Provo that have been running Texas off the field so far in this series. Speed isn't always everything. Execution in many cases makes up for that lack of speed. Good try though. Keep it coming."



He responded:



"Better than USC's recruiting class???? WOW Are you okay? Do me a favor k go look at what commits SC has so far and the guys that have SC high on their list. USC has verbals from 5 and 4 star recruits. You are a typical BYu fan who knows NOTHING outside of provo utah. Nice try! UT will run u off the field! just like FSU and TCu did."



I posted:



"Did you even look at the team rankings I alluded to at Scout.com? BYU's recruiting class #15, USC #18. Yes USC has more 4 and 5 star recruits, but that's about it. USC only has 14 recruits for the 2010 season. BYU has 27. USC has 5 5 star recruits, 6 4 star recruits, and 2 3 star recruits. BYU has 1 5 star recruit, 1 4 star and 16 3 star recruits. I didn't make up the numbers, or the rankings. I don't think I'm the one showing a lack of knowledge. You're just another BYU hater who knows nothing outside of his hate of BYU, and probably knows nothing about Utah prior to 2004. Get a life. And next time bring some facts to the table."



We'll see what this loser says... idiot :utard:
E
EM_Puma
At TBS I saw someone say that a game with UTEP has also been scheduled, but I haven't seen anything in print. Anyone know anything about that?
C
clemdiggitydog1
I for one am gonna assume that we haven't heard the end of this story.if Bronco says that we're done scheduling an away game sans a return date,and no more 2 for 1 deals,then there is more to this story than we're yet aware of.I say stay tuned,Longhorns will be comin' our way.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
JamieVallen
clemdiggitydog1 wrote:
I for one am gonna assume that we haven't heard the end of this story.if Bronco says that we're done scheduling an away game sans a return date,and no more 2 for 1 deals,then there is more to this story than we're yet aware of.I say stay tuned,Longhorns will be comin' our way.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">

Although didn't Bronco say that there are some teams that we'll play just one game with at their place? I mean not his exact words but pretty much sums it up. I think that article also mentioned something about that. So I'm assuming it's one and done because Bronco sees Texas as one of those teams.
Advertisement
C
clemdiggitydog1
Don't remember that,not sayin' he didn't,but didn't hear it.



[ Post made via Mobile Device ] http://cougarcorner.com/images/mobile.png" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
Y
Y 4 Ever
There had better be a reciprocal visit to Provo, or I'll be pissed.



BYU shouldn't be agreeing to anything other than a home-and-home with ANYONE (including ND).



Anything less is b.s. that is only good enough for the Heathens on the Hill.
S
scott715
If the choice was a one and done or a 2 for 1 which do you take? There is no question you take the 2 for 1. If you start with a 1 and done then you are just adding a home and away match up. It is a no brainer. Let's see another meeting or two if we must. You do a one game deal only if it is a neutral site like OU last year. We can draw fans to almost any neutral site in the country.
M
Mars
EM_Puma wrote:
At TBS I saw someone say that a game with UTEP has also been scheduled, but I haven't seen anything in print. Anyone know anything about that?

Home or away? 1-and-1 deal? Do you have a link?
M
Mars
EM_Puma wrote:
The honest truth is I don't want to have season tickets to four MWC teams and two non-BCS teams every season
Damn, 6 BYU home games? I sure want those tickets! The only team I really care about is THE COUGARS anyways!



I didn't think BYU was ready for the Oklahoma game, and I was wrong. This game @ Texas is very exciting for me. Bronco said he would jump on any deal with a Top 5 team. I think we'll show very well.



http://www.sltrib.com/collegesports/ci_14272674?source=rss

http://heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/jason-franchuk/article_cc069c02-0ad5-11df-9ec4-001cc4c002e0.html

http://heraldextra.com/sports/college/byu/football/article_1083de04-0ad5-11df-bc7b-001cc4c002e0.html

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p=10140&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p=10145&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

http://blogs.sltrib.com/byu/index.php?p=10146&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1



I would also love it if this helps us get their basketball team on the schedule...
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.