Archived Topic

Offer to Alex Kuresa

by Iceman · 1/26/2010

Advertisement
D
Ddawg
It's funny - all the recruit names we have become familiar with are soon to be signed. Onto a new batch. The names I am not familiar with - it's a new adventure!!!



I'm looking forrward to signing day though. I hope there is a surprise in there somewhere - a POSITIVE surprise.

:crazy:
M
Mars
2011

QB Alex Kuresa (0) 5-11/160

(Mountain Crest HS) Hyrum, UT




http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=4242695



"BYU has extended a scholarship offer to Mountain Crest High quarterback Alex Kuresa, who recently completed his junior season with the Mustangs. Kuresa, 6-foot, 175 pounds, is the younger brother of former BYU offensive lineman Jake Kuresa and the cousin of BYU basketball star Tyler Haws. Kuresa’s mother is the sister of former BYU basketball star Marty Haws, Tyler’s father. Alex Kuresa threw for 3,550 yards and 39 touchdowns last season."



http://blogs.sltrib.com/recruiting/index.php?p=9968&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
D
Ddawg
Mars wrote:
2011

QB Alex Kuresa (0) 5-11/160

(Mountain Crest HS) Hyrum, UT




http://byu.scout.com/a.z?s=338&p=8&c=1&nid=4242695



"BYU has extended a scholarship offer to Mountain Crest High quarterback Alex Kuresa, who recently completed his junior season with the Mustangs. Kuresa, 6-foot, 175 pounds, is the younger brother of former BYU offensive lineman Jake Kuresa and the cousin of BYU basketball star Tyler Haws. Kuresa’s mother is the sister of former BYU basketball star Marty Haws, Tyler’s father. Alex Kuresa threw for 3,550 yards and 39 touchdowns last season."



http://blogs.sltrib.com/recruiting/index.php?p=9968&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1


Wow!! I thought we were pretty set @ QB. There's always room for good prospects!!

:crazy:
W
Wickchad
Maybe he'll go on a mission and come back an offensive lineman. How can the genes vary so much from older brother to younger brother. Jake must have been 300 lbs and Alex is 160 lbs.
Advertisement
I
Iceman
IIRC , there was talk of bringing him on as an athlete, possibly converting to a DB, or a receiver. My memory just isn't what it used to be.
G
gmj81
Wickchad84087 wrote:
Maybe he'll go on a mission and come back an offensive lineman. How can the genes vary so much from older brother to younger brother. Jake must have been 300 lbs and Alex is 160 lbs.


I don't know. Why don't you ask Terrence and Rhen Brown that question.
G
gmj81
Iceman wrote:
IIRC , there was talk of bringing him on as an athlete, possibly converting to a DB, or a receiver. My memory just isn't what it used to be.


He very well could be an athlete that could be moved around (he is extremely athletic) but the talk is that Doman likes him at QB. If you think about it, by the time Nelson, Lark, Munns get done, Kuresa would just be getting home from his mission. So unless Heaps decides to go on a mission, Kuresa could be set up perfectly to be a three year starter after a redshirt. I really like this offer.
B
bigbluepuma
Ddawg wrote:
It's funny - all the recruit names we have become familiar with are soon to be signed. Onto a new batch. The names I am not familiar with - it's a new adventure!!!



I'm looking forrward to signing day though. I hope there is a surprise in there somewhere - a POSITIVE surprise.

:crazy:

:bug: :bug:

I'm sure glad you clarified. ;) ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.