Archived Topic

Lawyers- What does this mean for Mike Leach?

by Mars · 1/22/2010

Advertisement
L
Lawboy
Just means that the judge wants them to try to work it out with a mediator and see if they can come to an agreement prior to litigating. basically ,it means he wants it worked out without court intervention, if needed.



I would take it to mean he wants to see a settlement agreed to, so that actually bodes well for Leach over Tech. Tech, I am sure, wants to pay nothing.
M
Mars
Lawboy wrote:
Just means that the judge wants them to try to work it out with a mediator and see if they can come to an agreement prior to litigating.

What if Leach demands his $12.7MM (and the $800K bonus)? Then it just goes back to court?
L
Lawboy
Yes. Mediation is typically non-binding on parties. Just a first approach courts use now to free up their dockets. The mediator is often an attorney specially trained in mediation, or a retired judge.
S
Schmoe
I think that mediation would actually be better for Tech than for Leach. I think that Leach gets paid either way, but a lot of s#!? about Tech and the Jameses will hit the fan if this thing goes to court.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I think what all sides need is not mediation but medication.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.