Archived Topic

A weird request.

by BYUROCKS · 1/22/2010

Advertisement
B
BYUROCKS
I am looking for a job, I need to get on to earn money for my mission, and I was wondering if any of you knew of anyone heiring in the Provo/Orem, area if so please PM me, at this point I am almost willing to do any job. (watched to many dirty jobs, to say any job ;) )
M
Mars
S
snoscythe
I like you tack....look for someone who is heiring...that way you just get buddy-buddy and wait for death.
G
Guest
This post is a week too late, my company just hired about 10 people earlier this week. I'll let you know if anything else happens.
B
BYUROCKS
hawkwing wrote:
This post is a week too late, my company just hired about 10 people earlier this week. I'll let you know if anything else happens.




Thanks Hawk, I am always off in my timing :~(
Advertisement
I
Italics
just don't serve a mission.



I am kidding, of course.



How soon are you leaving?

If you find a good summer job (selling alarm systems, for example), you can make GREAT money AS LONG as you have a tough work ethic. Don't listen to the people who say it's a waste of time... they are lazy and cannot communicate.

If you are a hard worker and a good communicator, you can easily make 20-50 grand in one summer.
K
kiwibacon
Italics wrote:
just don't serve a mission.



I am kidding, of course.



How soon are you leaving?

If you find a good summer job (selling alarm systems, for example), you can make GREAT money AS LONG as you have a tough work ethic. Don't listen to the people who say it's a waste of time... they are lazy and cannot communicate.

If you are a hard worker and a good communicator, you can easily make 20-50 grand in one summer.

Those that install the alarms also make just about as much. My brother has done the installs two summers in a row.
C
CougarClaw
kiwibacon wrote:
just don't serve a mission.



I am kidding, of course.



How soon are you leaving?

If you find a good summer job (selling alarm systems, for example), you can make GREAT money AS LONG as you have a tough work ethic. Don't listen to the people who say it's a waste of time... they are lazy and cannot communicate.

If you are a hard worker and a good communicator, you can easily make 20-50 grand in one summer.

Those that install the alarms also make just about as much. My brother has done the installs two summers in a row.


I can't speak for Alarm systems or door to door sales in utah (but we did have alarm boys in New Jersey and I met a few who went home early because they weren't making money)



I sold Pest Control in California in '97. I was the top salesman in my branch and made a few grand. They promised us the average salesman would earn 20k. I saw the entire company stat sheets. Only the top guys made anything close to that and by the time I was knocking the same neighborhood 3-4x that had also been knocked by other companies the same number of times, I felt cheated and swindled in an industry where lies and trickery abounded. I'm glad I got the sales experience, but it was a mormon snakepit. When I quit, I went home and got a waiter job and made just as much money without the 14 hour days in the California sun.
M
Mars
CougarClaw wrote:
I felt cheated and swindled in an industry where lies and trickery abounded. I'm glad I got the sales experience, but it was a mormon snakepit.

I know A LOT of people who tried selling pest control/alarms and lost a ton of money and hated the experience. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
G
Guest
Sadly, while there may be 1 honest alarm company and 1 honest pest control company, the whole industry is filled with corrupt, say and do anything scammers. The problem isn't necessarily the door to door guys they send out, but the company management which often gives false data and statistics to their employees to use in order to scare old women.



But then again, anyone who buys anything from a door to door sales person in this day and age is a sucker.
Advertisement
C
CAFB_04-12
hawkwing wrote:
But then again, anyone who buys anything from a door to door sales person in this day and age is a sucker.

Yeah, especially if these clowns are selling:



http://piedpatter.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/mormon-missionaries.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
K
kiwibacon
CougarClaw wrote:
Italics wrote:
just don't serve a mission.



I am kidding, of course.



How soon are you leaving?

If you find a good summer job (selling alarm systems, for example), you can make GREAT money AS LONG as you have a tough work ethic. Don't listen to the people who say it's a waste of time... they are lazy and cannot communicate.

If you are a hard worker and a good communicator, you can easily make 20-50 grand in one summer.

Those that install the alarms also make just about as much. My brother has done the installs two summers in a row.


I can't speak for Alarm systems or door to door sales in utah (but we did have alarm boys in New Jersey and I met a few who went home early because they weren't making money)



I sold Pest Control in California in '97. I was the top salesman in my branch and made a few grand. They promised us the average salesman would earn 20k. I saw the entire company stat sheets. Only the top guys made anything close to that and by the time I was knocking the same neighborhood 3-4x that had also been knocked by other companies the same number of times, I felt cheated and swindled in an industry where lies and trickery abounded. I'm glad I got the sales experience, but it was a mormon snakepit. When I quit, I went home and got a waiter job and made just as much money without the 14 hour days in the California sun.

There probably are some really bad ones out there. To throw in my opinion, I believe my brother did so well because he knew someone who knew someone so it ended up NOT being a dead end "scam". His crew would follow behind the sales people and install the systems that did get sold. He did work long hours but he did get paid well. He did it two summers. The first summer was in New Jersey and the second summer was in Houston, TX.
G
Guest
CAFB_04-12 wrote:
But then again, anyone who buys anything from a door to door sales person in this day and age is a sucker.

Yeah, especially if these clowns are selling:




If you SOLD religion while you were on your mission, you're in pretty big trouble, buddy! :evil:
M
Mars


Take an Intro to Wildland Fire class, get your redcard, and work doing that for a summer. The money is really great and you'll get in great shape as well.



Either that, or click on one of my links and get a job making pizza or working as a cashier at WalMart. ;)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.