Archived Topic

Andy Katz's Man Crush on BYU > Kirk Herbstreit's

by FurriousCougar · 1/22/2010

Advertisement
F
FurriousCougar
Tonight on "The Bracket" the analysts had to put a different face of their choice (happy, concerned, etc) on one of the teams ranked 11-20. Andy put a happy face on BYU and talked about winning at UTEP without Jimmer, Tyler Haws, how we would be a force to be reckoned with in the tournament, etc.



Then another analyst stupidly said, "Are they a mid-major or low-profile?", which had nothing to do with anything. Andy looked like he was going to kill him and said "I don't like that term at all" and then the other buffoon (still laughing stupidly) was saying something to the extent of "I'm stupid, stupid, stupid" and Andy talked about us seating 22,000 fans, which shut up the other guy and he just laughed nervously.



Anyway, between him saying we weren't getting enough love in a different episode of "The Bracket", interviewing Coach Rose and saying that the cougars STILL weren't getting enough love and were underrated even ranked at 13, and now this, I'm starting to believe that his man crush on BYU surpasses even that of what Herbstreit had on the BYU football team. Let's just hope that it doesn't backfire on Katz like it did on Herbstreit for a moment. I don't think it will.
I
Italics
BYU better not screw it up this weekend
G
Gunk
That's awesome. Andy has always seem a bit partial to us. I hope we can deliver.
S
SpiffCoug
I looked on ESPN and couldn't find a link. Anyone have one?
F
FurriousCougar
kitic77 wrote:
I looked on ESPN and couldn't find a link. Anyone have one?


It was just on this newer show they started late at night on ESPN U called "The Bracket", so it would probably be tough to find, if at all unfortunately. You can find the Dave Rose interview link though in a different thread I started.
Advertisement
M
Metal Bubba
I love Andy Katz. It helps that he has a man crush on BYU and also that he has had similar crushes on WF teams in the past.
S
SpiffCoug
Although it's be nice to see Katz rank us a little higher in the ESPN Power Rankings.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.