Archived Topic

UTEP wins @ Memphis

by Yndian · 1/21/2010

Advertisement
Y
Yndian
UTEP broke Memphis' 64-game conference winning streak, winning in Memphis 72-67.



This year's Memphis team obviously isn't the same caliber as the last few, but every win by teams we beat helps.
G
Gunk
Nice! I'll take it.
Y
Y&Brit
BYU is for real. Thanks utep. That's one more piece of evidence that should keep the ncaa tourney from punishing us. Imagine a 31-1 BYU team getting a 9th seed. Those wozzicks
S
scott715
I wonder what kind of rpi jump they get.
B
byutx
scott715 wrote:
I wonder what kind of rpi jump they get.

30-something spots up to 106 is what I heard on rumorboard.
Advertisement
M
Mars


Also, Bradley won a road conference game, Nevada won a road conference game, and Nebraska-victim Tulsa won as well.
S
SpiffCoug
Go all teams that lose to BYU !
G
gmj81
I'll certainly take it. I'm still hoping that Utah State finishes at the top of the WAC or at least in second and that Arizona and Nebraska can at least go .500 in conference. I think that collection of transpirations would make our schedule more than worthy of a 3 seed come March should we only drop one more from here on out. And I mean a 3 seed after our no-Sunday play standard 2-seed deduction.
V
vancouvercougar
kitic77 wrote:
Go all teams that lose to BYU !


except the :utard:
Advertisement
C
cougarsunited
vancouvercougar wrote:
Go all teams that lose to BYU !


except the :utard:


That's right, all except the team up north with their "freak show"
C
cougarsunited
Y&Brit wrote:
BYU is for real. Thanks utep. That's one more piece of evidence that should keep the ncaa tourney from punishing us. Imagine a 31-1 BYU team getting a 9th seed. Those wozzicks


At 31-1 (you're forgetting the tournament) or 31-2, 32-2, 33-2, or 34-1 we will be higher than a 9th seed, anywhere between a 2 anda 6 if any of the above scenarios pan out. Hopefully we can win the tournament this year.
B
bigbluepuma
cougarsunited wrote:
BYU is for real. Thanks utep. That's one more piece of evidence that should keep the ncaa tourney from punishing us. Imagine a 31-1 BYU team getting a 9th seed. Those wozzicks


At 31-1 (you're forgetting the tournament) or 31-2, 32-2, 33-2, or 34-1 we will be higher than a 9th seed, anywhere between a 2 anda 6 if any of the above scenarios pan out. Hopefully we can win the tournament this year.


I expect it. 8)
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.