Archived Topic

Cummard Cut

by Gunk · 1/20/2010

Advertisement
B
bball
I hope he has his degree, his future is not in pro basketball.
I
Italics
bball wrote:
I hope he has his degree, his future is not in pro basketball.


Exactly.

This kid was WAY overhyped pre-season/early season last year. He was a decent player, that was it. He played really hard, I'll give him that. He's just not "that" good, to put it simply.
S
SpiffCoug
I like Lee, talked him several times, he's a nice guy, but when your dream job is owning your own lawn care business where you can cut grass I think it's safe to say a killer drive to succeed isn't one of your defining traits.
G
Gunk
kitic77 wrote:
I like Lee, talked him several times, he's a nice guy, but when your dream job is owning your own lawn care business where you can cut grass I think it's safe to say a killer drive to succeed isn't one of your defining traits.


Serious...not that there isn't anything wrong with wanting to mow lawns, but not what I would have expected from the "leader" of the Cougs the last two years.
Advertisement
Y
Y&Brit
He'll make a good assistant. Great guy.
B
bball
Haws is already a better player than Cummard was his senior year; shoots better, rebounds better, better 3 pt shooter, better mid range jumper. I could never get very excited about Cummard's play, I get excited about Haws (Jimmer too, but I'm just drawing a contrast)
M
Metal Bubba
Wow. You guys must eat your young too.
S
SpiffCoug
One advantage Haws does have is that he's the complimentary player. Lee was supposed to be the team leader, the Man and unfortunately he has a complimentary player type of game. Here are some stats for a comparison between Haws this year and Lee last year.

Haws Lee

FG% .553 .517

3P% .405 .387

FT% .892 .871

Reb 4.7 6.2

PAP .591 .554

TS% .673 .622



PAP = Points Available Percentage (points scored/points possible)

TS% = True Shooting Percentage (shooting percentage that weighs FTs, FGs and 3Ps)
H
HoosierCougar
kitic77 wrote:
One advantage Haws does have is that he's the complimentary player. Lee was supposed to be the team leader, the Man and unfortunately he has a complimentary player type of game. Here are some stats for a comparison between Haws this year and Lee last year.

Haws Lee

FG% .553 .517

3P% .405 .387

FT% .892 .871

Reb 4.7 6.2

PAP .591 .554

TS% .673 .622



PAP = Points Available Percentage (points scored/points possible)

TS% = True Shooting Percentage (shooting percentage that weighs FTs, FGs and 3Ps)


I always said that Cummard (or "Sweet Lee" as he was often called by the .mtn announcers :sick: ) would have been a great collegiate #2 or #3. My friend told me when I moved back to Utah that with Cummard as a Senior, I was in for a great season of Cougar Hoops. But I never saw Lee as willing to take a game over, lead the team to victory. Not saying he didn't give great effort at times, but I just didn't see him take over games like a #1 should.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.