Archived Topic

Gov't Run Healthcare = Not Happening

by Italics · 1/20/2010

Advertisement
I
Italics
The dem's losing the Massachusetts senatorial race was a HUGE blow to them.



Yeah... that's it.



Really, it is.
S
snoscythe
I hate to say it, but Ted Kennedy's most notable contribution to politics may have been dying.....and giving us a lot of drinking/driving/swimming jokes....and dying.
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:
I hate to say it, but Ted Kennedy's most notable contribution to politics may have been dying.....and giving us a lot of drinking/driving/swimming jokes....and dying.


Don't forget dying, that was huge.
B
bigbluepuma
The very fact that a republican was in the race for the "Ted Kennedy" seat ought to make it abundantly clear to the powers that be in Washington, that it was a referendum on the health care bill, and that the people of America don't want it. They, however, just go merrily on their way, because they are the "intelligent" ones. We, the people are too stupid to know what is good for us. Watch how long the dems drag their feet on getting the new senator seated. :sick:
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
It's hilarious to see the infighting among the Democrats come to a head. This is my favorite of the day so far:


Liberal New York Democrat Anthony Weiner ridiculed House Democratic leaders for holding a meeting to brief House Democrats on negotiations with the White House on a health care bill, telling reporters, "They're talking as if, 'What our deal is, what our negotiators are at the White House' -- yeah, and then the last line is, 'Pigs fly out of my ass' ... it's just, we've got to recognize we are in an entirely different scenario."


Another favorite was Pelosi last night cackling about how the people in Massachusetts don't have standing to deny a public option to the nation when they already have a public state option. Wouldn't people who have lived with a public system be better qualified to weigh in on the matter Madam Speaker?
B
bigbluepuma
hawkwing wrote:
I hate to say it, but Ted Kennedy's most notable contribution to politics may have been dying.....and giving us a lot of drinking/driving/swimming jokes....and dying.


Don't forget dying, that was huge.


Great timing, I might add. 8) 8)
B
bigbluepuma
I woke up this morning to the radio reporting that Sweet Nancy Palosi is trying to spin it that the election of Brown is NOT a referendum on the health care bill. She is the most out of touch with the American people, power hungry, bald faced liar in the entire corrupt government.
B
BoiseBYU
It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare
S
snoscythe
BoiseBYU wrote:
It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare


Not to mention the obligation for ERs to serve walk-ins regardless of ability to pay/citizenship. That's a big part of the reason why things are so expensive, and also why so many hospitals are fleeing inner cities and impoverished areas for suburbs without public transit access.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
snoscythe wrote:
It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare


Not to mention the obligation for ERs to serve walk-ins regardless of ability to pay/citizenship. That's a big part of the reason why things are so expensive, and also why so many hospitals are fleeing inner cities and impoverished areas for suburbs without public transit access.


Reasons for health care reform, I'd say. I do not have answers and I do not like what is evolving in D.C., but I do believe this: we have a dysfunctional health care system that puts us at a competitive disadvantage in the global economy and, for the money spent, does not do a particularly good job of providing health care....
B
bigbluepuma
BoiseBYU wrote:
It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare

Yeah, it works well, too doesn't it?
B
BoiseBYU
bigbluepuma wrote:
It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare

Yeah, it works well, too doesn't it?


I think so
B
BoiseBYU
bigbluepuma wrote:
It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare

Yeah, it works well, too doesn't it?


In general, I think so
S
Schmoe
BoiseBYU wrote:
BoiseBYU wrote:
It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare

Yeah, it works well, too doesn't it?


I think so


Two completely bankrupt systems that have overspent tenfold are working well?
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
Schmoe wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare

Yeah, it works well, too doesn't it?


I think so


Two completely bankrupt systems that have overspent tenfold are working well?


I am no expert on all of this, but I understand that Medicaid provides health care at a cost less than most insurance programs. The Medicare program is ballooning in cost in part because of a growing older population and a new drug prescription program the President and Congress decided to provide without figuring a way to pay for it. You do hit on the head one of the big problems with health care and that are the growing costs we have experienced with health care. Health care costs are something that demand attention and reform, something the current democrat proposal does much too little and the republicans simply choose to ignore
B
BroncoBot
I do agree with Boise that something needs to be done. I DO NOT agree with how our govt is going about it. For one, not one single person knows what the reform bills contain. NOT ONE!!!! So much for transparency. I'd love to see what is going on with the bill so I could either hate it or love it. Alas, I'm stuck with simply listening to pundits talk about what they think is in the bills which of course they sensationalize to get their ratings. I read an article a while ago that really made me think about the way health care should be run. Check it out, let me know why this type of system hasn't been implemented. All seems really logical, but then, nothing our govt is doing at this moment is really logical.



article



In any case I'm starting to think this issue is much deeper than just dem vs rep. It's becoming an issue of the govt taking every freedom away that we will let them. Eh, maybe I'm just paranoid.
B
bigbluepuma
Schmoe wrote:
bigbluepuma wrote:
It IS happening every day for about 30 plus percent of the population. It's called Medicaid and Medicare

Yeah, it works well, too doesn't it?


I think so


Two completely bankrupt systems that have overspent tenfold are working well?


Mine was TIC :roll:
B
bigbluepuma
declocoug wrote:
I do agree with Boise that something needs to be done. I DO NOT agree with how our govt is going about it. For one, not one single person knows what the reform bills contain. NOT ONE!!!! So much for transparency. I'd love to see what is going on with the bill so I could either hate it or love it. Alas, I'm stuck with simply listening to pundits talk about what they think is in the bills which of course they sensationalize to get their ratings. I read an article a while ago that really made me think about the way health care should be run. Check it out, let me know why this type of system hasn't been implemented. All seems really logical, but then, nothing our govt is doing at this moment is really logical.



article



In any case I'm starting to think this issue is much deeper than just dem vs rep. It's becoming an issue of the govt taking every freedom away that we will let them. Eh, maybe I'm just paranoid.




No, you are just correct. They have already shown, in the last fewmonths, how they want to run health care. Less diagnostics, and less care. They want to socialize medical care, no matter how they try to spin it. Ask anyone in the UK how well that works. :roll: :~( :angry:
B
bigbluepuma
Pres. Obama was just on the news, spinning Brown's election as being just more of the same reason that he was elected. Translation: FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!!! :skeptic: :bug: :roll: :~( :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.