Archived Topic

San Diego

by scott715 · 2/15/2019

Advertisement
S
scott715
We beat them in OT on the road to keep us on track for 2nd place. Were down 14 most of the game and could not hit our FT until OT. Making progress.
G
Gunk
I about had a heart attack watching that game. Haws was the man. He saved us.



Only the 2nd loss at home for SD this season.
B
BoiseBYU
This is a very good win. To come back from way down, win in overtime, on the road against a decent SD team, well, it is a good win.
V
vancouvercougar
Allowing the tying basket when we were up 2 with 5 seconds to go frustrated me, but BYU defended the 3 to keep us in the game.



We kicked it in overtime
S
SpiffCoug
BYU did everything they could to lose this game. Get down big, late in the game. Miss a bunch of free throws in a close game in the final minutes. Play no defense in the final 7 seconds of a game you're leading.



But since the Torerros didn't want to win, BYU decided to close the game out in overtime. It's not really a resume building win. But it was a good win in what's been a pretty tough season.
Advertisement
I
imuakahuku
I was not happy about giving up the uncontested two pointer at the end and I was not happy about OT but I am glad they came through. I'm tired of staying up until 2am to watch losses. Especially when the team seems to hit a wall at least 2 or 3 times when they start looking like they have no idea what to do and people start standing around. Then they take 3 or 4 bad shots and it gets really frustrating. So glad they started making shots at the end.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.