Archived Topic

BYU - Utah extend series contract through 2024

by hawkwing · 1/14/2019

Advertisement
F
Fido
So much for the "drop the series" crowd of Ute fans. haha
E
EM_Puma
I was tired of 1280's unending talk of the Utah Jazz (seriously, how much analysis can be done on one NBA team?) and I turned over to 700 with Bill Riley. A lot of you don't remember his time on KSL before Greg Wrubell, but I always liked him. He's from Kansas, so even though he's been the Utah announcer now for over a decade, I still think he's more objective than most of SLC's radio personnel.



Today they were discussing the BYU/Utah contract extension. He is a firm believer that the rivalry needs to continue on. Probably 80% or more of the callers or Tweeters were all about dropping BYU. What is so obvious is that they really only want to do it so they can strut around like peacocks telling Cougar fans how insignificant we are. They think we are arrogant and yet the only reason any of them want to discontinue the series is BECAUSE IT IS A RIVALRY.



Bill kept arguing with them because the man has common sense. Something all the Puketah fans don't seem to have. Honestly, even if it was BYU that currently had an 8-game win streak, they'd come up with some other silly reason to not play the game. Once again, not because it made sense, but because of their level of hatred of anything BYU.



In total honestly I'd like to beat them and then cancel the series. I really think it should continue, but that's how much I mutually hate Puketah and would like to be the one telling them to take a hike.
Y
YNot
With the rivalry extension confirmed, We have some pretty sweet schedules 2019 to 2023.



2019

Home-Utah, USC, Washington, Boise, Liberty, Idaho St.(FCS)

Away - Tennessee, Toledo, South Florida, Utah St., UMass, San Diego St.



2020

Home-Michigan St., Utah St., Missouri, Houston, San Diego St., N. Alabama(FCS)

Away-Utah, Arizona St., Minnesota, NIU, Boise, Stanford



2021

Home-Utah, Arizona St., South Florida, Boise, Virginia

Away-Arizona (in Vegas), Utah St., Baylor, Washington St., Georgia Southern, USC



2022

Home-Baylor, Wyoming, Utah St., Arkansas, East Carolina

Away-Utah, Oregon, Liberty, Boise, Stanford



2023

Home-Tennessee, Utah, Boise, UNLV, Stanford

Away-Virginia, Arkansas, Houston, USC, [Utah St.?]
G
Guest
I remember and enjoyed Bill on KSL. It was a great show.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.