Archived Topic

spam threads

by frdbtr · 12/23/2018

Advertisement
F
frdbtr
So I think we need some moderator work. There are at least 4 spam threads right now.
S
scott715
I assume Hawkwing is still celebrating the win.
F
Fido
7 threads now. Snoozing at the wheel. lol
G
Guest
Sorry guys, I will be cleaning this up and adding new bans this afternoon.
G
Gunk
What!? No one wants a Belgium passport? Looked like a good deal.
Advertisement
G
Guest
:lol:
S
scott715
I already have two of them.
G
Gunk
scott715 wrote:

I already have two of them.


Smart, save one for the emergency kit.



Funny story: After my mission, my parents came and picked me up in Brazil. We took some time to go to Bolivia as well. Silly me threw out my immunization card while cleaning up my stuff and getting ready for home. I figured I was heading home and didn't need it.



Well, Brazil has this law, can't enter it from Bolivia unless you've had your yellow fever shots. We were going to Bolivia and then back to Brazil. So we show up at the airport in Bolivia and the lady at the front desk asks to see our immunization cards to prove we had our yellow fever shots. No card, no ticket. I didn't have my card. We try everything, they won't give me a ticket. Even got my Dr. on the phone.



Finally, we call the tour guide we had. She says, "Don't worry, I know a guy." 20 min later a guy comes up to says, "Excuse me. I have a card for you." $50 later I had myself an immunization card. If you compared the date on my new immunization card to my passports you would have noticed I was inoculated for yellow fever before I arrived in Bolivia. Odd...



Anyways, the lady issued me my ticket, giving me an odd look.



I still have my Bolivian immunization card.
S
scott715
You never know when you will need it.
F
frdbtr
Gunk wrote:


I already have two of them.


Smart, save one for the emergency kit.



Funny story: After my mission, my parents came and picked me up in Brazil. We took some time to go to Bolivia as well. Silly me threw out my immunization card while cleaning up my stuff and getting ready for home. I figured I was heading home and didn't need it.



Well, Brazil has this law, can't enter it from Bolivia unless you've had your yellow fever shots. We were going to Bolivia and then back to Brazil. So we show up at the airport in Bolivia and the lady at the front desk asks to see our immunization cards to prove we had our yellow fever shots. No card, no ticket. I didn't have my card. We try everything, they won't give me a ticket. Even got my Dr. on the phone.



Finally, we call the tour guide we had. She says, "Don't worry, I know a guy." 20 min later a guy comes up to says, "Excuse me. I have a card for you." $50 later I had myself an immunization card. If you compared the date on my new immunization card to my passports you would have noticed I was inoculated for yellow fever before I arrived in Bolivia. Odd...



Anyways, the lady issued me my ticket, giving me an odd look.



I still have my Bolivian immunization card.


:lol: :lol: That's a good story.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
Wow, six new spam threads.
S
scott715
Looks like we got some new ones.
S
scott715
There were over 600 threads this morning from different users. Hawkwing got them cleaned up pretty quick.
A
ABYUFAN
This last round has been impressive!
G
Guest
You're telling me.
Advertisement
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:

You're telling me.

The impressive thing is, I remember hawk coding all sorts of hoops that spam accounts would have to jump through. I guess the bots are getting smarter.
G
Guest
Mars wrote:


You're telling me.

The impressive thing is, I remember hawk coding all sorts of hoops that spam accounts would have to jump through. I guess the bots are getting smarter.


Yeah - I may need to up my game.
F
frdbtr
Is there any way to keep new accounts from posting until they have been members for a while, or something like that?
G
Guest
frdbtr wrote:

Is there any way to keep new accounts from posting until they have been members for a while, or something like that?


There is an option for new users to have to get their first X number of posts approved by an admin/moderator before they are allowed to post, I've done that in the past. The problem with it though is that if I, or one of the mods, don't happen to notice that a post is sitting in the moderator queue it can be easy to have it languish there and then new users get discouraged and stop visiting.
F
frdbtr
hawkwing wrote:


Is there any way to keep new accounts from posting until they have been members for a while, or something like that?


There is an option for new users to have to get their first X number of posts approved by an admin/moderator before they are allowed to post, I've done that in the past. The problem with it though is that if I, or one of the mods, don't happen to notice that a post is sitting in the moderator queue it can be easy to have it languish there and then new users get discouraged and stop visiting.


That is understandable. It would probably create a lot of work for the mods.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.