S
snoscytheThe one he threw out with the bathwater when he was hired. Dick Harmon's article tracks how Kalani is now trying to implement some of the things in Bronco's book and practices to get a better hold on things at BYU:
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900045229/dick-harmon-sitake-patterning-some-mendenhall-characteristics-to-help-reinvent-unique-byu-program.html
Harmon was on Criddle's show yesterday afternoon, and the most revealing insight Harmon had was that Kalani has never taken up Bronco's offer to have a sit down and discuss coaching at BYU.
Kalani had a resource available to him to walk him through some of the idiosyncracies of coaching at BYU and working in BYU's unique political workplace, but Kalani wanted no part of it (and Derik Stevenson is out there saying Kalani would be super successful if not for BYU's administration holding him back).
I think Kalani is on his make-or-break year, but I think he's too stubborn or too slow a learner to make it.
Harmon was on Criddle's show yesterday afternoon, and the most revealing insight Harmon had was that Kalani has never taken up Bronco's offer to have a sit down and discuss coaching at BYU.
Kalani had a resource available to him to walk him through some of the idiosyncracies of coaching at BYU and working in BYU's unique political workplace, but Kalani wanted no part of it (and Derik Stevenson is out there saying Kalani would be super successful if not for BYU's administration holding him back).
I think Kalani is on his make-or-break year, but I think he's too stubborn or too slow a learner to make it.

