Archived Topic

Nick Emery returned against Utah State

by hawkwing · 12/6/2018

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Yeah I'm bummed I wasn't able to be there. I had to work late and then go straight to an EQ presidency meeting so I missed the first half on TV too. Let's hope this isn't a McKay Cannon type deal.
W
Wolverine
Good for Nick! Played smart, under control, and brought a lot of energy to the team. Good win for Coach Rose and the team. Hopefully they can build on this. Entire WCC looks much improved this year.
B
BlueK
the team has been a real mental funk over the last few games and lacking confidence. Emery's return seemed to make the whole team play at a higher level. Also, Harding is emerging as a player who can really help this year.
S
snoscythe
Emery can get bent for all I care.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:

Emery can get bent for all I care.

Don't be jealous.

Jettas are actually pretty affordable, sno.
D
dsmith1212
byufan4ever wrote:

YLet's hope this isn't a McKay Cannon type deal.


How can a 1,000+ career points player be another McKay Cannon?
D
dsmith1212
Wolverine wrote:

Entire WCC looks much improved this year.

Gonzaga eked out a victory last night against a very good Washington team and SF creamed California. I love it when the WCC beats the Pac-12 - which has happened often this year. Looking forward to Saturday's game against Utah.
S
SpiffCoug
Congrats to Nick for winning his first game as a Cougar.



At least, I hope this game winds up counting.
G
Gunk
Nick played really well. Hustled on defense. Didn't force anything and no early shots.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
Nick’s a cheating weasel. It’s too bad that he’s on the team this year
G
Gunk
SpiffCoug wrote:

Congrats to Nick for winning his first game as a Cougar.



At least, I hope this game winds up counting.


Outch! Haha.
C
Cougs_Rule
Sadly, i have to say that I agree with all the haters. I hate what he did to BYU. No excuse! The problem is I can’t tell exactly why Dave or BYU let him stay. Is it his soul they are worried about? Or did they sell BYU Hoops soul for a mess of Nick’s soles to be on the floor?
N
nuk13
Cougs_Rule wrote:

Sadly, i have to say that I agree with all the haters. I hate what he did to BYU. No excuse! The problem is I can’t tell exactly why Dave or BYU let him stay. Is it his soul they are worried about? Or did they sell BYU Hoops soul for a mess of Nick’s soles to be on the floor?


Sadly I third it. I'm glad for the win but 1 win doesn't go too far in making up for all the forfeits.
B
byufan4ever
dsmith1212 wrote:


YLet's hope this isn't a McKay Cannon type deal.


How can a 1,000+ career points player be another McKay Cannon?


As in the first game in the middle of season he has a really good game and we think the rest will be the same and then they're not.
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
I wonder if part of the reason for BYU's bad performance was because Emery was practicing with the team, but not playing the in the games. So the team was used to having him in there as part of the offense and defense every day during practice, but then that piece was missing during games.
B
byufan4ever
Nick made some mistakes. He can't plead ignorance. But I hate the NCAA and their silly rules and extreme sanctions more. Welcome back, Nick!
D
dsmith1212
byufan4ever wrote:


byufan4ever wrote:

YLet's hope this isn't a McKay Cannon type deal.


How can a 1,000+ career points player be another McKay Cannon?


As in the first game in the middle of season he has a really good game and we think the rest will be the same and then they're not.


Cannon played well above his career average the first few games as a BYU player. Emery played at about his career average his first game. Performances tend to return to the average.
B
byufan4ever
dsmith1212 wrote:


dsmith1212 wrote:


YLet's hope this isn't a McKay Cannon type deal.


How can a 1,000+ career points player be another McKay Cannon?


As in the first game in the middle of season he has a really good game and we think the rest will be the same and then they're not.


Cannon played well above his career average the first few games as a BYU player. Emery played at about his career average his first game. Performances tend to return to the average.


And Emery's performance in his second game was why I said what I said.
G
Gunk
byufan4ever wrote:


byufan4ever wrote:


byufan4ever wrote:

YLet's hope this isn't a McKay Cannon type deal.


How can a 1,000+ career points player be another McKay Cannon?


As in the first game in the middle of season he has a really good game and we think the rest will be the same and then they're not.


Cannon played well above his career average the first few games as a BYU player. Emery played at about his career average his first game. Performances tend to return to the average.


And Emery's performance in his second game was why I said what I said.

He played some great defense, which this team sorely needs.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.