Archived Topic

Cougs vs. Utes

by El Guapo · 12/3/2018

Advertisement
E
El Guapo
So who wins this one and why? I honestly have no clue who the better team is? Although I do think our offense is better but their D is far superior - who wins that battle?
B
BlueK
Utah's defense is actually far worse than ours according to the stat gurus. They gave up 90 points in a loss to Hawaii, for example. Pomeroy has their defense ranked #178, which is incredibly bad for a team from a major conference. Pomeroy looks at points by possession to control for pace of the game. In the Grand Canyon game which Utah won, they allowed 66 points from only 58 possessions, which is horrible, especially against an opponent of that level. It was even worse against Hawaii.



BYU's defense started the first several games pretty good, even against some good teams like Nevada, but in recent games it's fallen off a cliff in the last few games. I don't know what's going on there.



I do think Emery will give us a lift on both ends. We'll see by how much.
S
SpiffCoug
Don't care. Won't watch. I will never again watch BYU compete against the Utes in any sport.
M
Mars
SpiffCoug wrote:

Don't care. Won't watch. I will never again watch BYU compete against the Utes in any sport.

You missed a good volleyball game.
S
scott715
Yes I enjoyed it. We played very well.
Advertisement
J
Jarhead
SpiffCoug wrote:

Don't care. Won't watch. I will never again watch BYU compete against the Utes in any sport.


I have a strong suspicion that you will eat crow on this at some point.
S
SpiffCoug
Jarhead wrote:


Don't care. Won't watch. I will never again watch BYU compete against the Utes in any sport.


I have a strong suspicion that you will eat crow on this at some point.

Well, it won't be tomorrow and it won't be football in Aug.
J
Jarhead
SpiffCoug wrote:


SpiffCoug wrote:

Don't care. Won't watch. I will never again watch BYU compete against the Utes in any sport.


I have a strong suspicion that you will eat crow on this at some point.

Well, it won't be tomorrow and it won't be football in Aug.


I can definitely believe that
G
Gunk
Good game. We should be up by more but there is some sloppiness on offense. Seljaas is playing hard, but needs work on finishing. Same with Harding.
S
scott715
He should have tried those moves in the blowouts instead of tight game.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
scott715 wrote:

He should have tried those moves in the blowouts instead of tight game.


Ha! That's what I was thinking. Oh, now you're trying to play.
G
Gunk
Yeoli is putting on a clinic.
G
Gunk
We posterized the Utes.
B
BoiseBYU
So, is Utah a tier five team?
Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Great game, went to it with my son for his 13th birthday. 3 straight 31 point games by Childs!
J
Jarhead
Great win Cougars! I’ll have to catch a replay.
J
Jarhead
I watched the replay :)
E
EM_Puma
I'm in the Philippines this week for work. I was sleeping and woke up this morning and the game was over and we had won. ON MY BIRTHDAY! I told my boss this is what I wanted for my birthday, but never thought I'd get it. I've taped Dvr'd it. Can it be seen online anywhere?
J
Jarhead
You can watch it on ESPN3. Also it will probably be available on BYUTV soon.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.