Archived Topic

We Lost to Weber St.

by Gunk · 12/2/2018

Advertisement
G
Gunk
What is up with BYU sports, other than the women's volleyball team.



I didn't watch the game. Was on some weird streaming service. Instead I watched volleyball. Glad I did.
J
jadesroom
We sucked. But on a just realized bright note, Christmas is just three weeks away. Despite the contract extension, perhaps Rose will be let go. That would have to follow a meeting with BYU's president. Does President Worthen share President Bateman's temperment?
S
scott715
I too watched the BYU-Utah smack down. Then went to Pluto.tv and caught the end of the bball game.
G
Gunk
I think previous assumptions may be the case.



Rose will serve out his contract and after the penalties are behind us we get a new coach, unless he does something special. But something special isn't happening this season.
W
Wolverine
Gunk wrote:

I think previous assumptions may be the case.



Rose will serve out his contract and after the penalties are behind us we get a new coach, unless he does something special. But something special isn't happening this season.


Oh no, something "special" is happening. NCAA sanctions, 15 game win streak against in-state Big Sky opponent snapped...can't wait for what's next.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
We have a chance this week to do something we haven't done since 1961. And that's lose to Utah and Utah State in the same season in both football AND basketball. I eagerly await to see if we can accomplish something we haven't seen since Kennedy was president.
E
El Guapo
Why is this so surprising? BYU's MO has been like this for years now... start out 2 or 3-0, lose a few to schools that are good, then win a few more, then lose a couple more to schools we have no business losing to, then win 75% of games in the WCC while beating the Zags once, getting an NIT bid and then bowing out in the first or second round. Cougs will beat the Zags at least once this year while losing a few to the likes of Pacific and Loyola. It's written in stone.



But allowing 113 points to freaking Weber State??? Inexcusable and unacceptable - Rose's job should be on the line after last night. Illinois State's 92 was a damn joke too. :blush: :lol: BYU football and basketball has become embarrassing.
G
Guest
BYU is really a bad team this year. The year all the experience and age that the team was lacking over the last few years and the reason we weren't making it to the NCAA tournament was finally behind us.
M
Mars
Some teams get better as the season goes on. And some manage to get worse. Bad defense plus bad offense is a bad combo.
G
Gunk
It's bad coaching.
Advertisement
E
El Guapo
At least the Utes aren't any better than the Cougs. But I guess we'll learn the answer to that question next Saturday.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.