Archived Topic

BYU v Utah game thread

by TulaneVandyRiceCoug · 11/25/2018

Advertisement
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Things I am thankful for this holiday season:



Being up 13-0 at the end of the 1st quarter.
C
CrimsonCoug
Anyone know who the refs for this game are? Seems like they're giving BYU some poor spots, and some good ones for Utah.



But the defense us standing TALL!
S
SenorCougar
Francis Bernard is doing a lot of after the play nonsense.
F
frdbtr
3rd and 10 and Tuiaki calls a 3 man rush...result 25 yard pass for a 1st down. One of these days, he is going to need to learn that 3 man rushes flat don't work.
F
frdbtr
Gave up some yards but stiffened. BYU offense back on the field.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
BYU needs to go into halftime up by another score and I will start believing.
F
frdbtr
I'm starting to believe.
A
a1247
frdbtr wrote:

I'm starting to believe.


It's too early too soon no one jinx this.
A
a1247
Utah fans booing what a bunch of azzez!
F
frdbtr
What if BYU had played with this kind of focus and intensity in every game? I think we would have at least a few more wins and would be in the top 25 right now.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
a1247 wrote:


I'm starting to believe.


It's too early too soon no one jinx this.


That is why I said "starting" to believe. If the utes have shown anything in this rivalry the last 30 years is that they are not going to quit. This game is far from over.
K
KingCoug
BYU needs to play ALL 4 QUARTERS!



DO NOT take your foot off the gas because Whittingham is very good at in game adjustments and Utah will come out swinging in the 2nd half.
A
a1247
frdbtr wrote:

What if BYU had played with this kind of focus and intensity in every game? I think we would have at least a few more wins and would be in the top 25 right now.

All I care about right now is repeating it over the next 2 quarters. Please 2 more quarters!
G
Gunk
Smartest move by Kalani, calling that timeout when Utah was rolling. Way to put them on ice.
F
frdbtr
a1247 wrote:


What if BYU had played with this kind of focus and intensity in every game? I think we would have at least a few more wins and would be in the top 25 right now.

All I care about right now is repeating it over the next 2 quarters. Please 2 more quarters!


I agree. It would be very satisfying to see the streak end even though there has been some major disappointment this year. If Kalani can figure out how to get the team to play like these last 2 quarters, every game, we could see something special.
Advertisement
A
a1247
KingCoug wrote:

BYU needs to play ALL 4 QUARTERS!



DO NOT take your foot off the gas because Whittingham is very good at in game adjustments and Utah will come out swinging in the 2nd half.

Remember when BYU was up 10-0 with Jake Heaps at qb and then lost 54-10. I fear Kyle and his ability to coach his team up at halftime.
A
a1247
frdbtr wrote:


frdbtr wrote:

What if BYU had played with this kind of focus and intensity in every game? I think we would have at least a few more wins and would be in the top 25 right now.

All I care about right now is repeating it over the next 2 quarters. Please 2 more quarters!


I agree. It would be very satisfying to see the streak end even though there has been some major disappointment this year. If Kalani can figure out how to get the team to play like these last 2 quarters, every game, we could see something special.


Your killing me no talk of anything ending or using the word that starts with a "W" ;)
G
Gunk
My wife was like, "Looks like we got this!" I told her, nope. Klye is good at making adjustments and we have a history of imploding.
A
a1247
a1247 wrote:


a1247 wrote:


What if BYU had played with this kind of focus and intensity in every game? I think we would have at least a few more wins and would be in the top 25 right now.

All I care about right now is repeating it over the next 2 quarters. Please 2 more quarters!


I agree. It would be very satisfying to see the streak end even though there has been some major disappointment this year. If Kalani can figure out how to get the team to play like these last 2 quarters, every game, we could see something special.


Your killing me no talk of anything ending or using the word that starts with a "W" ;)


Yes I'm paranoid in the worst way :whistle:
F
frdbtr
It won't be over until the final whistle. I am feeling like we have a great shot at ending the streak though. Just got to keep playing great defense and hold on to the freaking ball. We were up 16-0 in 2010 and lost 17-16.
Page 1 of 6
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.