Archived Topic

Would You Rather?

by byufan4ever · 11/19/2018

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
One of my Ute coworkers thinks Utah will play their second string players for at least a half (maybe more) regardless of how close the game is.
M
Mars
Good. Their best ever Pac12 team loses to BYU. Good luck enjoying the banner under those circumstances!



They are going to crush us though.
A
ABYUFAN
Why would anyone ever choose a loss over a win?
G
Guest
Winning > Losing.



Let losers justify why they lost.
B
byufan4ever
I just feel that winning against a JV Utah team would cheapen the win and Sitake would get a whole bunch of praise for beating the Utes when he really only beat a scrub team.



What will feel really bad though is when the JV Utah team crushes our first stringers...
Advertisement
J
Jarhead
Voting for Utah to beat BYU under any circumstance is kind of crazy in my opinion.



The coworker I think is defintely crazy. There is no way that Whittingham just lets a win slip away by resting his starters, in my opinion.



If he does pull starters and Utah loses, I will be thrilled.



More likely is that the QB performs poorly and then they bring in some nobody who has a record breaking day against us.
F
frdbtr
hawkwing wrote:

Winning > Losing.



Let losers justify why they lost.


This ^
V
vancouvercougar
I can never vote for a cougar loss and never vote for a Ute win
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
BYU has no business winning this game.



That said, this was my same thought going against Wisconsin too. And this is why I love my Cougs. Sometimes they just find a way.



My ideal weekend would be a nice and juicy turkey drumstick leftover, a 7-5 regular season with its 2 marquee wins and some hype through a bowl and holiday season. This, AND a Vanderbilt win against Tennessee. Vandy must win to get to a bowl. So happy BYU is already bowling heading into the weekend. The schedule this year has been hard.



BYU 24 Utah 21 in an instant classic to the rivalry. Zach Wilson finds a groove and receiver play finally stands out. O-line and run game do enough against a pounding defense. We get at least one solid long play like the Hadley screen pass. We get a special teams big play. We will need 2+ interceptions from our secondary to kill a few drives to make this winnable. Gawd help us all, let's make it a game to remember-TVRC
M
Mars
If I know this rivalry, Utah will lead 21-0 at the end of the 1st quarter, and BYU will end up losing 17-24.
Advertisement
K
KingCoug
BYU needs to come out and play loose, like they have nothing to lose (because they really don't), as well as smashmouth football. I'm talking to the level where we see a Ute player or two carted off the field. If we cant beat them in terms of scheme and skill (not to mention they have home field), at least go out and knock them on their collective yewts.
Y
Ygridiron4ever
Here's hoping Zack Wilson has the game of his life (to date) and shows Utah what they could have had.



I've listened with interest to the men at ESPN who have called the BYU games. Seems like for the last several games they are extremely complimentary of Zack's skill and potential. Statement's like: "He's in control, he's in command. "You can tell the future is very bright for number 11." In the last game they said in a pre-game conversation with Zack they asked him if he felt like he could be a leader and take charge in spite of his youth. They said he was very confident in his affirmative response. Something like - I'm not afraid to call someone out...



Maybe playing in Rice Eccles will be the thing that turns Zack into the key to a cougars win.
S
snoscythe
Well, we have one closet Ute fan on the board.
E
EM_Puma
I'm really sick of this "hollier than thou" attitude of the Pukes. I don't like that KW has spent most of his life as Puke, but he would never go down that road in a football game. This whole load of crap this week by the fans of Puketah has just been their arrogance. There's no way in hello that they would accept a loss to BYU if Puketah took out all their good players. It's just nonsense to even talk about it.



I'm sure if he has a comfortable lead sometime in the 2nd half he'd pull some key players, but heck, so would I and anyone else that has half a brain.
E
EM_Puma
Talking about pulling players to save them from injury when you can, I caught the tail end of the Texas A&M vs Alabama Birmingham game last Saturday. The Aggies are up 41-20 with less than 2 minutes on the clock and they have the ball. They still have their star back, Trayveon Williams (3rd in the nation with 1,326 yds) in the game running the ball with a big game coming up this week vs #7 LSU. What was that all about? He's 500 plus yards behind the nation's leading rusher, so it wasn't that. I just can't come up with a justified reason. Hard not to say their HC has some screws loose or there's some stat that he needs for a year end bonus.
Advertisement
1
1967cougar
Ygridiron-4ever said, "Here's hoping Zack Wilson has the game of his life (to date) and shows Utah what they could have had."



I say, "Here's hoping Matt Gay doesn't kick a bunch of field goals and show us what we could have had." I still don't know how we let that guy get away.
F
frdbtr
1967cougar wrote:

Ygridiron-4ever said, "Here's hoping Zack Wilson has the game of his life (to date) and shows Utah what they could have had."



I say, "Here's hoping Matt Gay doesn't kick a bunch of field goals and show us what we could have had." I still don't know how we let that guy get away.


I think there is little worry of this. He may kick a bunch of extra points though. :~( :gross: :angry:
S
SpiffCoug
I don't care if Utah can only dress 17 players and have to have guys play both ways. I just want a win.
A
ABYUFAN
Here's a "would you rather" for us - would you rather beat Utah or have Utah win the Pac 12 championship. If you got a guarantee that Utah would win only one of their next two games who would choose to have them beat us, and who would chose to have us beat them but they win a Pac 12 championship?



(FWIW I would vote that we beat them - even if it guaranteed them a Pac 12 Championship)
F
frdbtr
I couldn't care less about the pac 12, I would pick BYU to win. Having said that, I want them to lose both.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.