Archived Topic

All Is Forgiven

by byufan4ever · 11/3/2018

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
If we lose the next 3 but then been the Utes, will all be forgiven?
J
jadesroom
No, a culture of losing has taken over the program, including the fanbase. I actually see us losing three of the next four: BSU, Utah, and either UMass or NMSt. I wouldn't be surprised if we lose all four.
K
KingCoug
Beating Utah is usually half the season to me but it wouldn't be enough to save Sitake in my book. We would have to win, including a bowl game, and finish 9-4 for me to even halfway entertain the thought of keeping Sitake. And the chances of that are zero.
F
frdbtr
byufan4ever wrote:

If we lose the next 3 but then been the Utes, will all be forgiven?


Nope, I'm tired of the roller coaster. I want him gone. Too bad, I like the guy personally and wanted him to succeed because he coached BYU.
G
Gunk
Nope. If we beat Utah it's just further proof of what could I know have been had Sitake been a good coach.
Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
no. it just means we prepped all year for one game.
A
a1247
Great, some of us now sound like Utah fans of 1990. How sad!
J
jadesroom
a1247 wrote:

Great, some of us now sound like Utah fans of 1990. How sad!


If we stay in 1990, then it is sad. But some would say that the Utes have enjoyed their glory years since 1990: P5 inclusion, wins in top bowls, owning BYU--especially in the past 7 years. I'll take 1990 today if it means that BYU football is now on the upswing.
C
CrimsonCoug
If we win the last 3 and are at least respectable in a bowl game, then I think Sitake deserves to stay through the end of his contract at least.

The challenge will be that Sitake hasn't yet shown that he can coach players to know how to deal with success; and beating Utah would be a great success.
S
SpiffCoug
CrimsonCoug wrote:

If we win the last 3 and are at least respectable in a bowl game, then I think Sitake deserves to stay through the end of his contract at least.

The challenge will be that Sitake hasn't yet shown that he can coach players to know how to deal with success; and beating Utah would be a great success.


I would reluctantly accept Kalani back if we win out and are respectable in the bowl. Any loss in these final three games and I do NOT want him back.



Lose either of the next two and I would be ok with him being dismissed the Monday following a loss these next two weeks.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
CrimsonCoug wrote:

If we win the last 3 and are at least respectable in a bowl game, then I think Sitake deserves to stay through the end of his contract at least.

The challenge will be that Sitake hasn't yet shown that he can coach players to know how to deal with success; and beating Utah would be a great success.


I don't. Bringing him back again next year will just be another frustrating roller coaster that has us beat another nationally ranked team on the road early only to lose most of our home games to mediocre teams and maybe squeak in another bowl game. I'm sick of it.
F
frdbtr
SpiffCoug wrote:


If we win the last 3 and are at least respectable in a bowl game, then I think Sitake deserves to stay through the end of his contract at least.

The challenge will be that Sitake hasn't yet shown that he can coach players to know how to deal with success; and beating Utah would be a great success.


I would reluctantly accept Kalani back if we win out and are respectable in the bowl. Any loss in these final three games and I do NOT want him back.



Lose either of the next two and I would be ok with him being dismissed the Monday following a loss these next two weeks.


IMO, if he had been fired after the utah state debacle and Ed Lamb had been put in charge, we probably win the last 2 games. I don't want him back no matter what.
B
byufan4ever
I actually hope that we only have 5 wins going into the Utah game. Then that game will decide if we go bowling or not. If we have 6 wins going into Utah and lose, I really don't want the "But at least we're going bowling" excuse from fans/players/coaches.



And for the record, I am not on the boat that a 1-11 record with the sole win coming against Utah makes for a great season. I started this thread to ask a quesion and see how others felt.
C
CrimsonCoug
Funny; I predicted (if you can call it that) way back in the Spring that BYU would be 5-6 going into the Utah game, and that his beloved turncoat mentor would be the Brutus that put a dagger in his career.
Y
YNot
Hmmm. I would rather BYU play in a bowl game than not...regardless of what happens against the Ewetes.



And, no, I would not call 6 wins against this schedule a good season. 8 wins was my benchmark for a good season this year.



Because Utah State is better than expected, 8-5 with a bowl win and a win over Utah would still qualify as a good season, for me. Anything less is another disappointment - albeit it much less of a disappointment than 4-9.
Advertisement
J
Jarhead
Beating Utah means a lot, no matter the circumstances, at this point.
K
KingCoug
byufan4ever wrote:

I actually hope that we only have 5 wins going into the Utah game. Then that game will decide if we go bowling or not. If we have 6 wins going into Utah and lose, I really don't want the "But at least we're going bowling" excuse from fans/players/coaches.



And for the record, I am not on the boat that a 1-11 record with the sole win coming against Utah makes for a great season. I started this thread to ask a quesion and see how others felt.


Anyone who says "At least we can go bowling" needs a roundhouse kick to the head. Who cares when there are 40 bowls and any team .500 or above can go to one? It's meaningless.
A
ABYUFAN
KingCoug wrote:


I actually hope that we only have 5 wins going into the Utah game. Then that game will decide if we go bowling or not. If we have 6 wins going into Utah and lose, I really don't want the "But at least we're going bowling" excuse from fans/players/coaches.



And for the record, I am not on the boat that a 1-11 record with the sole win coming against Utah makes for a great season. I started this thread to ask a quesion and see how others felt.


Anyone who says "At least we can go bowling" needs a roundhouse kick to the head. Who cares when there are 40 bowls and any team .500 or above can go to one? It's meaningless.


It's not meaningless. Bowl teams get a bunch of additional practices, which is really helpful when developing underclassmen. In our case it would give our coaches about 20 more times to get together and not really teach our players anything
G
Guest
ABYUFAN wrote:


byufan4ever wrote:

I actually hope that we only have 5 wins going into the Utah game. Then that game will decide if we go bowling or not. If we have 6 wins going into Utah and lose, I really don't want the "But at least we're going bowling" excuse from fans/players/coaches.



And for the record, I am not on the boat that a 1-11 record with the sole win coming against Utah makes for a great season. I started this thread to ask a quesion and see how others felt.


Anyone who says "At least we can go bowling" needs a roundhouse kick to the head. Who cares when there are 40 bowls and any team .500 or above can go to one? It's meaningless.


It's not meaningless. Bowl teams get a bunch of additional practices, which is really helpful when developing underclassmen. In our case it would give our coaches about 20 more times to get together and not really teach our players anything


Assuming of course that BYU uses any of the practices, unlike the Bye week where they took the entire time off.
B
byufan4ever
ABYUFAN wrote:



In our case it would give our coaches about 20 more times to get together and not really teach our players anything


:lol: I think you meant this to be funny. I thought it was funny!
Page 1 of 3
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.