Archived Topic

After beating Hawaii, I was ready to change my picks for the Boise & Utah games.

by SpiffCoug · 10/21/2018

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
After last week, I thought we stood a good chance of scoring against both teams. After watching Boise and Utah, I think we might be able to manage a FG against the Broncos. But I returned to my thinking that we'll be shut out against the Utes.



I hate BYU football right now. It'd be nice to have some hope going forward and for the future.
F
frdbtr
Oh and by the way, Northern Illinois defense looked really good against the utes.
K
KingCoug
SpiffCoug wrote:

After last week, I thought we stood a good chance of scoring against both teams. After watching Boise and Utah, I think we might be able to manage a FG against the Broncos. But I returned to my thinking that we'll be shut out against the Utes.



I hate BYU football right now. It'd be nice to have some hope going forward and for the future.


I can't stomach the thought of losing 8 straight to the U. It's a huge reason why I got sick of Bronco and wanted a change. You start thinking the next time we beat Utah is after Whittingham is gone and that's both sad and scary.



Any way you cut it, former MWC teams like Utah and TCU are playing on another level and left us behind. Boise State routinely plays at a higher level than us to.



Someone started a thread not long ago about BYU joining the AAC. Sadly, we match up better with those teams than any P5 conference.
S
snoscythe
KingCoug wrote:
Someone started a thread not long ago about BYU joining the AAC. Sadly, we match up better with those teams than any P5 conference.


Maybe we match up better with your dad's AAC teams, but last week the AAC had three top-25 teams. This week they have a top-10 team, another in the top-25, and three more receiving votes.



BYU would be a middle-tier AAC team these days.
E
El Guapo
If Zack is still the QB for the Utah game, I shudder to think what Utah's D will do to him.
Advertisement
F
frdbtr
KingCoug wrote:


After last week, I thought we stood a good chance of scoring against both teams. After watching Boise and Utah, I think we might be able to manage a FG against the Broncos. But I returned to my thinking that we'll be shut out against the Utes.



I hate BYU football right now. It'd be nice to have some hope going forward and for the future.


I can't stomach the thought of losing 8 straight to the U. It's a huge reason why I got sick of Bronco and wanted a change. You start thinking the next time we beat Utah is after Whittingham is gone and that's both sad and scary.



Any way you cut it, former MWC teams like Utah and TCU are playing on another level and left us behind. Boise State routinely plays at a higher level than us to.



Someone started a thread not long ago about BYU joining the AAC. Sadly, we match up better with those teams than any P5 conference.


Probably better start learning to stomach it because barring some miracle, it is going to happen. In fact, I would be willing to predict that a Kalani Sitake led BYU team will never beat a Kyle Whittingham led ute team.
K
KingCoug
frdbtr wrote:


SpiffCoug wrote:

After last week, I thought we stood a good chance of scoring against both teams. After watching Boise and Utah, I think we might be able to manage a FG against the Broncos. But I returned to my thinking that we'll be shut out against the Utes.



I hate BYU football right now. It'd be nice to have some hope going forward and for the future.


I can't stomach the thought of losing 8 straight to the U. It's a huge reason why I got sick of Bronco and wanted a change. You start thinking the next time we beat Utah is after Whittingham is gone and that's both sad and scary.



Any way you cut it, former MWC teams like Utah and TCU are playing on another level and left us behind. Boise State routinely plays at a higher level than us to.



Someone started a thread not long ago about BYU joining the AAC. Sadly, we match up better with those teams than any P5 conference.


Probably better start learning to stomach it because barring some miracle, it is going to happen. In fact, I would be willing to predict that a Kalani Sitake led BYU team will never beat a Kyle Whittingham led ute team.


I think you're right. Which is a big part of why I want Sitake gone just as it was a big part of why I wanted Bronco gone.
E
El Guapo
Amen to the last 2 posts.
K
KingCoug
El Guapo wrote:

Amen to the last 2 posts.


If Sitake struck me as the kind of coach who could get it done if he just had the time, I would be more patient. But he doesn't.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.