Archived Topic

Teams with more votes than BYU

by snoscythe · 10/15/2018

Advertisement
S
snoscythe
Just a reminder of how far the program has fallen, the following teams are ranked by voters ahead of BYU this week:



USU

Utah

Virginia

SDSU

Appalachian State

Duke

Maryland

Army

North Texas

Iowa State

UAB

Buffalo
A
ABYUFAN
snoscythe wrote:

Just a reminder of how far the program has fallen, the following teams are ranked by voters ahead of BYU this week:



...

Buffalo


I'm OK with being ranked behinds the Bills... But when we're ranked behind the Browns, then I'll be outraged!
F
Fido
:roll:
B
BoiseBYU
snoscythe wrote:

Just a reminder of how far the program has fallen, the following teams are ranked by voters ahead of BYU this week:



USU

Utah

Virginia

SDSU

Appalachian State

Duke

Maryland

Army

North Texas

Iowa State

UAB

Buffalo


I am not sure pointing out that because some other schools (playing different schedules etc. this year), are having good years means BYU is in the dumpster. We are in the dumpster (or not) depending upon what we are (or are not) doing against the schedule we have had. I hoped for 4-3 at this time of the year and feared 2-5, so I'm not too torqued off. I cannot understand our defensive schemes, and do not get the jeckyl and hyde way this team seems to play, but given we are playing 5, 6, and 7 freshmen, I still find it fun to follow. The only game I found disheartening was how we played USU. I think we are better than that (maybe not winning, but competing better than that). This sort of post then is more like click bait than anything to me to rile up the masses, and I guess it worked because here I am posting.
M
mtnradio
BoiseBYU wrote:
but given we are playing 5, 6, and 7 freshmen, I still find it fun to follow.


Ever wonder if the coaching staff made a conscious decision to start a bunch of freshman as a way to say, "hold on there you impatient fans ... give me a couple of more years, see what we've got cooking!"?



yeah ... that's awfully cynical .... :skeptic:
Advertisement
J
jadesroom
mtnradio wrote:

but given we are playing 5, 6, and 7 freshmen, I still find it fun to follow.


Ever wonder if the coaching staff made a conscious decision to start a bunch of freshman as a way to say, "hold on there you impatient fans ... give me a couple of more years, see what we've got cooking!"?



yeah ... that's awfully cynical .... :skeptic:


I've been wondering the same thing. I'd still like to see a new coach. I'm reminded of the late 1960s (okay, I'm old) and George Wilson's reaction after Don Shula took over the Miami Dolphins. Wilson had drafted and traded for the players that would carry the Dolphin dynasty of the early 70s. From Wikipedia:



Initially, Wilson was critical over his removal as head coach and replacement with Don Shula. Following the 1970 and 1971 seasons, he attempted to repudiate the public perception that Shula built a strong team, stating that "As far as I'm concerned, he took over a ready-made team.", before adding "I was fired when the team was ready to go."



I'm not saying that Sitake's replacement would be a Don Shula, but I am certain that Sitake is closer to a Dave Shula than a Don Shula.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.