Archived Topic

Sitake and the Defense

by Jarhead · 10/2/2018

Advertisement
J
Jarhead
After last season I believe Sitake claimed that he was going to take a more active role in the defense.



Does anyone know what he is actually doing this year that he was not doing last year in terms of helping out on defense?
G
Gunk
High fiving?
S
SpiffCoug
Jarhead wrote:

After last season I believe Sitake claimed that he was going to take a more active role in the defense.



Does anyone know what he is actually doing this year that he was not doing last year in terms of helping out on defense?


No. I don't think anyone, including Sitake knows what they're doing this year on the defensive side of the ball.
C
CrimsonCoug
SpiffCoug wrote:


After last season I believe Sitake claimed that he was going to take a more active role in the defense.



Does anyone know what he is actually doing this year that he was not doing last year in terms of helping out on defense?


No. I don't think anyone, including Sitake knows what they're doing this year on the defensive side of the ball.


I disagree. I haven't been light on Tuiaki, but they definitely knew what they were doing against Arizona and Wisconsin. They're great at coaching and scheming contain, smashmouth defense. But that doesn't work well against all schemes.



Does anyone know if these two were equally allergic to blitzing when coaching at the Ewe?
F
frdbtr
CrimsonCoug wrote:


Jarhead wrote:

After last season I believe Sitake claimed that he was going to take a more active role in the defense.



Does anyone know what he is actually doing this year that he was not doing last year in terms of helping out on defense?


No. I don't think anyone, including Sitake knows what they're doing this year on the defensive side of the ball.


I disagree. I haven't been light on Tuiaki, but they definitely knew what they were doing against Arizona and Wisconsin. They're great at coaching and scheming contain, smashmouth defense. But that doesn't work well against all schemes.



Does anyone know if these two were equally allergic to blitzing when coaching at the Ewe?


I seem to remember the u defense struggling early nearly every year Sitake was the Dcoordinator and then start playing well after Whittingham took a more active role in helping the defense.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.