Archived Topic

Ryan Andrus Medical Retirement

by byufan4ever · 10/1/2018

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
https://www.sltrib.com/sports/byu-cougars/2018/09/28/mens-basketball-practice/



Former American Fork center Ryan Andrus is taking a medical retirement due to lingering knee issues.



Rose said the Cougars will probably play in long stretches with just one post player.





“We have done that a few years since I’ve been here,” Rose said. “We have usually been a two-post offensive and defensive team. I think it puts a little bit of extra pressure on guys like Kolby and Gavin. But we’ve got Luke and Yoeli to hold those spots down, and then I think Yo can really help us on the perimeter this year, too.”


So we are now without Dastrup and Andrus. Time to see what Kolby and Gavin are made of!
F
Fido
Any grad transfers out there still? Not having Andrus frees up another scholarship for this season. Surely too late for this year...
B
BlueK
Fido wrote:

Any grad transfers out there still? Not having Andrus frees up another scholarship for this season. Surely too late for this year...


I believe his scholarship goes to Cannon. But I guess if Cannon walks on again they could use that one for a transfer. I would think there aren't any viable options there as big men are always in high demand.
G
Gunk
Yeah...it's not like there is a 6'10" superstar out there that no one knows about.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.