Archived Topic

Which win was Better?

by Mars · 9/17/2018

Advertisement
M
Mars
Bronson Kaufusi['s younger brother Corbin] was there for both.
J
jvquarterback
FB >>>>>> BB
K
KingCoug
jvquarterback wrote:

FB >>>>>> BB


This.
I
imuakahuku
Mars wrote:

Bronson Kaufusi was there for both.


Corbin's dunk sealed the win. I say there is an argument for both. If Utah had been either one that one of course would win out but in this case I think most fans have a lot of respect for both GU and WI so for me, I think it is pretty much a toss up. I know! I'll take both! :)
B
BoiseBYU
Mars wrote:

Bronson Kaufusi was there for both.

LOL! Although it was Corbin no?
Advertisement
M
Mars
I prefer football to basketball. Beating a #1 is always big though.
G
Gunk
Basketball > football in my book.



#1 > #6



So, I go with the Gonzaga upset.
J
Jarhead
If it was a #1 from a major conference, I think the B-Ball win would be picking up more votes. I chose the B-Ball win anyway.
G
Gunk
Jarhead wrote:

If it was a #1 from a major conference, I think the B-Ball win would be picking up more votes. I chose the B-Ball win anyway.


True. We have beaten Gonzaga before. It's not like we beat Duke, a team we rarely play, if at all.
B
BlueK
Jarhead wrote:

If it was a #1 from a major conference, I think the B-Ball win would be picking up more votes. I chose the B-Ball win anyway.


Gonzaga played for the national championship, so that P5 stuff is moot in that case. The only argument for picking Wisconsin is if you like football better.
Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
I picked Wisconsin because of the impact that it has had on the program that was feeling very, very down after a 4-9 season and everyone was jumping off the cliffs. I could see arguments for both though. To beat the #1 team in the nation in the last game of the season is about as good as it gets for a sport.
S
snoscythe
EM_Puma wrote:
To beat the #1 team in the nation in the last game of the season is about as good as it gets for a sport.


Not just a #1 team, but an undefeated rival at their place...
A
ABYUFAN
snoscythe wrote:

To beat the #1 team in the nation in the last game of the season is about as good as it gets for a sport.


Not just a #1 team, but an undefeated rival at their place...


AFTER their local newspaper already printed papers celebrating their victory.
G
Gunk
BlueK wrote:


If it was a #1 from a major conference, I think the B-Ball win would be picking up more votes. I chose the B-Ball win anyway.


Gonzaga played for the national championship, so that P5 stuff is moot in that case. The only argument for picking Wisconsin is if you like football better.


Extremely good point. That Gonzaga team only had 2 losses on their entire season. One against us and one in the championship game.
S
snoscythe
ABYUFAN wrote:


EM_Puma wrote:
To beat the #1 team in the nation in the last game of the season is about as good as it gets for a sport.


Not just a #1 team, but an undefeated rival at their place...


AFTER their local newspaper already printed papers celebrating their victory.


...in the last regular season game of the season.
Advertisement
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:


snoscythe wrote:

To beat the #1 team in the nation in the last game of the season is about as good as it gets for a sport.


Not just a #1 team, but an undefeated rival at their place...


AFTER their local newspaper already printed papers celebrating their victory.


...in the last regular season game of the season.

After even that win was too late to get BYU into the Big Dance.
C
cougarnerd
Gonzaga is a consistent national BB powerhouse. Even in a "bad" year, they are tough to beat, especially in Spokane. Wisconsin is good and consistently "in the running" for Big 10 championship, but they're not as good of a fb team as Gonzaga is a bb team.



I concede that football is probably more visible than basketball and both were hard-fought wins. Kyle Collinsworth made some huge plays in the bb win, and everyone stepped up here. Yet we seemed to bring our A game more fully in bb than against Wisconsin. If our fb team played at the execution level (relative to the sport) that our bb team did, we would have beaten Wisconsin about 31-17, maybe more.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.