Archived Topic

Silver Linings

by tmoney35 · 9/11/2018

Advertisement
T
tmoney35
I'm definitely disappointed with the team performance against Cal, but let's all try and make ourselves feel a little better and talk about the good stuff!



- Easy to forget with how painful that second half was, but at Halftime, we were dominating Cal in total yards and time of possession. We just couldn't finish drives



- At least for people who didn't watch the game, losing by only three makes it look a lot closer than it really was (yes, this is me grasping at straws)



- Even with how awful we looked, especially in the second half, 2-3 key plays go the other way and we would've won that game



Anyone else wants to chime in?
T
tmoney35
Just remembered another one. We actually had a successful 2 point conversion! When was the last time that happened?
Y
YNot
3 turnovers and a defensive score!
M
Mars
Hoge got a carry.



Romney got a catch.



I. Kaufusi scored.



First great long throw down field (to Collie).



Khyiris Tonga sure is fun to watch.



That hit by Butch.
F
frdbtr
Mars wrote:

Hoge got a carry.



Romney got a catch.



I. Kaufusi scored.



First great long throw down field (to Collie).



Khyiris Tonga sure is fun to watch.



That hit by Butch.


That hit by Pauu was the Pauu of old from 2016. I agree with the silver lining on that, plus the defensive score. If it weren't for either of those, we weren't even as close as we were.
Advertisement
B
BoiseBYU
The white out crowd looked cool on TV.
E
EM_Puma
tmoney35 wrote:

- Easy to forget with how painful that second half was, but at Halftime, we were dominating Cal in total yards and time of possession. We just couldn't finish drives


I had the game on up until the score was 14-3 with Cal driving for TD on first drive of 2nd half. I was working on a project, so I wasn't paying that much attention. I checked later and saw the ending score of 21-18 and I thought, wow, not bad. Monday as I'm driving around I'm hearing some sports talk on replacing TM. I got to watching the game last night and I made it to half-time and I'm thinking, what the hello happened in the 2nd half that made people so unhappy with the team's performance. The first half wasn't stellar, but we make the two 4th down plays, some receivers quit dropping passes, and we're cookin.



Now I go to the box score and see a few 3 plays and punt and 2 interceptions and now I understand. Incredible that the score was only 3 points, but BYU scoring on fumble made up for some of that.



When I watched Houston destroy Arizona earlier in the day I knew that was a bad omen.
C
CrimsonCoug
BoiseBYU wrote:

The white out crowd looked cool on TV.


#BYUsoWhite
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.