J
jvquarterbackI had awesome seats in the 4th row bleachers at the 35 on the visitors side so I had a great view of the game. A lot of those seats are purchased by resellers and BYU had about 40% of the fans in the first 5 rows. I renewed my UA season tickets (last time was 5 years ago and was able to get the same seats) for $200 this year (up from 165 five years ago) so I hear you guys complaining about season ticket pricing. BTW if you guys ever want great seats right behind the BYU bench Tucson is the place to do that on the cheap, seats right next to ours were only $40-50 on stubhub the whole week before the game.
The Collie catch, Tanner's pass to Bushman, and the Tonga (that guy is incredible) pass break up happened right in front of me.
I had similar seats for the Fresno St game last year and the difference was amazing. Last year they looked like they were beat from the very moment they walked onto the field. This year they were confident and just really focused. The team looked great and played with an energy I didn't see all year last year. And coach Grimes just has some gravitas - been there done that - same with Pugh (those mustaches are awesome). As they walked off the field Pugh and Grimes got the biggest cheer, you could tell they heard, and they didn't even look up. Sitake did look up at the fans as we cheered he and Tuiaki.
After the game the players were ecstatic as they walked off the field giving high fives (I love that tradition). Mike Shelton had the biggest smile when we told him how great that return was. Tanner as well - that guy really is easy to root for.
I prefer going to away games. I try to make it to one home game a year living out of state, though this year may not work out and I'll try to get up to Seattle. I get fewer nasty looks by opposing fans than BYU fans in Provo for heckling the opposing team and the referees. UA fans are great as long as you aren't in the student section.
Anyway, it was a great game and my kids are true believers in the cougars. I was definitely worried after the Fresno debacle last year.
14-0 baby!
The Collie catch, Tanner's pass to Bushman, and the Tonga (that guy is incredible) pass break up happened right in front of me.
I had similar seats for the Fresno St game last year and the difference was amazing. Last year they looked like they were beat from the very moment they walked onto the field. This year they were confident and just really focused. The team looked great and played with an energy I didn't see all year last year. And coach Grimes just has some gravitas - been there done that - same with Pugh (those mustaches are awesome). As they walked off the field Pugh and Grimes got the biggest cheer, you could tell they heard, and they didn't even look up. Sitake did look up at the fans as we cheered he and Tuiaki.
After the game the players were ecstatic as they walked off the field giving high fives (I love that tradition). Mike Shelton had the biggest smile when we told him how great that return was. Tanner as well - that guy really is easy to root for.
I prefer going to away games. I try to make it to one home game a year living out of state, though this year may not work out and I'll try to get up to Seattle. I get fewer nasty looks by opposing fans than BYU fans in Provo for heckling the opposing team and the referees. UA fans are great as long as you aren't in the student section.
Anyway, it was a great game and my kids are true believers in the cougars. I was definitely worried after the Fresno debacle last year.
14-0 baby!

