Archived Topic

BYU names 8 captains

by hawkwing · 8/27/2018

Advertisement
E
EM_Puma
Why does BYU so often do things in a non-conventional way? I guess they're taking the being a "peculiar" people to heart. Frankly, I thought any team going to five team captains was a bit much. I believe three is sufficient.
G
Guest
Props to Butch Pau'u for going from being told he's not good enough and should transfer from BYU by the coaching staff to being named a captain.
G
Gunk
8...way to water down the meaning behind being a captain.
Advertisement
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:

Props to Butch Pau'u for going from being told he's not good enough and should transfer from BYU by the coaching staff to being named a captain.

-As voted on by teammates, not the coaching staff
G
Guest
Mars wrote:


Props to Butch Pau'u for going from being told he's not good enough and should transfer from BYU by the coaching staff to being named a captain.

-As voted on by teammates, not the coaching staff


Doh.



Never mind, I guess the coaching staff still can't recognize talent :D
V
vancouvercougar
I was hoping MLP would be named a captain. Not that he deserves it--I just like the words "Captain Moroni"
S
scott715
Bronco would have done that even if it was an honorary award.
D
dsmith1212
scott715 wrote:

Bronco would have done that even if it was an honorary award.


I like it...the CougarCorner football motto for 2018.."What would Bronco do?"
Advertisement
G
Guest
dsmith1212 wrote:


Bronco would have done that even if it was an honorary award.


I like it...the CougarCorner football motto for 2018.."What would Bronco do?"


Win 9-10 games?
S
scott715
Maybe we should start a separate thread for that.
F
Fido
hawkwing wrote:

Props to Butch Pau'u for going from being told he's not good enough and should transfer from BYU by the coaching staff to being named a captain.


If it takes that to make him have a bounce-back season then I'm glad it happened. Butch was pretty meh last season.
M
Mars
BYU names football Captains like the NCAA names alternate football National Champs.
F
fallball
What's the old adage: If you have 8 captains you have none...something like that anyway.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
Just smells of a staff that can't make a decision. Everyone's a captain!
S
snoscythe
https://i.imgur.com/6ebHyyf.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
M
Mars
I'm pleased to learn that the football team's leadership council has 16 players, and not just a measly 8.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.