Archived Topic

Marc Lyons to retire after this season

by hawkwing · 8/25/2018

Advertisement
V
vancouvercougar
I liked Marc's commentary. He was like the glue to the past. Hope his retirement is a reward for a job well done.
F
frdbtr
I like Lyons. He was always intelligent about the game and had a good chemistry with Wrubell. I hope he enjoys his retirement. I vote for Bryan Logan to replace him :)
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I totally want BLo.



Maybe Jonny Linehan?
G
Guest
John Beck would be my choice.
Advertisement
C
CrimsonCoug
Marc Lyons was an acquired taste for me. I grew to love him, but he tried my patience at first. Kind of like a great-uncle. Lyons certainly had a folksy, avuncular quality to his commentary.



I like the thought of Brian Logan doing it. Beck could be good, too.



I actually think Ben Criddle would do a great job. Wrubell once listed his favorite players to interview and Criddle was second (after KVN), so they have some good chemistry. And Criddle's experience on 960 would be an asset.



I don't know what Cameron "the General" Jensen is doing these days, but he'd probably be a good one; I enjoyed listening to the interviews he did as a player--candid and insightful, and quick to respond.



Is there anyone going back to the LaVell era? I'd say Brandon Doman, but his past as a former OC is a two-edged sword.



Probably not Merril Hoge. :whistle:

But hey, he does have broadcasting experience, and over BYU media!
M
Mars
Cam Jensen can be a bit... unhinged, at times.



I like Criddle. I like Logan.
G
Guest
Jensen gets on with Ben fairly regularly and I enjoy him on there.



Any of the guys from that now defunct Cougars podcast would be awesome... what was the name of that one... it was sooooo good.
C
CrimsonCoug
vancouvercougar wrote:

I liked Marc's commentary. He was like the glue to the past. Hope his retirement is a reward for a job well done.

I like that "glue to the past" notion. What about Robbie Bosco? Or Chad Lewis?
S
SpiffCoug
hawkwing wrote:

Jensen gets on with Ben fairly regularly and I enjoy him on there.



Any of the guys from that now defunct Cougars podcast would be awesome... what was the name of that one... it was sooooo good.


Maybe that should be resurrected?
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-09-2014/MCS5wY.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
G
Guest
I can no longer support Brian Logan for the position since finding out he's a flat earther.
M
Mars
hawkwing wrote:

I can no longer support Brian Logan for the position since finding out he's a flat earther.

The Earth is donut shaped.
A
ABYUFAN
Mars wrote:


I can no longer support Brian Logan for the position since finding out he's a flat earther.

The Earth is donut shaped.


This new learning fascinates me. My friend Sir Bedivere had me convinced that the earth is banana shaped.
G
Guest
Mars wrote:


I can no longer support Brian Logan for the position since finding out he's a flat earther.

The Earth is donut shaped.


This is what happens when you legalize weed! :lol:
Advertisement
S
scott715
I thought the earth was Cougar Tail shaped.
J
Jarhead
If people can’t even agree on something as simple as the earth being round, that leaves little hope for agreeing on much else.
R
redneckjedi
How to destroy a flat-earther's (disc-shaped) world in 4 easy steps:



1. Ask them for a map of the flat earth. It should be disc shaped.

2. Look up the flight time between Santiago, Chile, and Sydney, Australia, on your favorite travel site. Should be about 14 hours.

3. Look up the flight time between New York City, New York, and Tokyo, Japan, on your favorite travel site. Should also be about 14 hours.

4. Look back at the map, and ask them to explain how both flights can take the same amount of time.



Checkmate.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.