G
GuestArchived Topic
Starting qb named - depth chart
by hawkwing · 8/24/2018
Advertisement
V
vancouvercougarNot too surprised that Tanner is the starter. He's doe well before--here's hoping he has a great season left in him.
M
MarsTroy Warner is not a starter on defense, but El-Bakri is, ahead of Mounga and Kirby?
Also: Poor Riley Burt.
Also: Poor Riley Burt.
F
FidoInjuries....
E
EM_PumaPer Sean Walker at KSL:
"Mangum beat out true freshman Zach Wilson, the former Corner Canyon star who enrolled at BYU prior to spring football camp to compete for the starting job. Wilson was the only other quarterback listed on the two-deep roster Friday."
Ah...yeah. You would normally expect that there was only one other name listed on a two-deep roster.
Sorry Sean, but if you had any additional QB's listed, then it actually wouldn't be a "two-deep" roster. I understand there are some positions with "or" so that there are actually more than 2 players listed, but those are positions where you would normally sub in other players. They don't naturally sub in QB's on a regular basis.
"Mangum beat out true freshman Zach Wilson, the former Corner Canyon star who enrolled at BYU prior to spring football camp to compete for the starting job. Wilson was the only other quarterback listed on the two-deep roster Friday."
Ah...yeah. You would normally expect that there was only one other name listed on a two-deep roster.
Sorry Sean, but if you had any additional QB's listed, then it actually wouldn't be a "two-deep" roster. I understand there are some positions with "or" so that there are actually more than 2 players listed, but those are positions where you would normally sub in other players. They don't naturally sub in QB's on a regular basis.
Advertisement
E
EM_PumaI would have been shocked that in a tight race that the freshman would have been named, so this was my expectation from the beginning, but I had prepared my mind-set that we could have seen Zach, and I was okay with that as well.
M
MarsEM_Puma wrote:
Per Sean Walker at KSL:
"Mangum beat out true freshman Zach Wilson, the former Corner Canyon star who enrolled at BYU prior to spring football camp to compete for the starting job. Wilson was the only other quarterback listed on the two-deep roster Friday."
Ah...yeah. You would normally expect that there was only one other name listed on a two-deep roster.
Sorry Sean, but if you had any additional QB's listed, then it actually wouldn't be a "two-deep" roster.
4 tight ends were listed.
Boy, I bet you feel stupid.
E
EM_PumaMars wrote:
Per Sean Walker at KSL:
"Mangum beat out true freshman Zach Wilson, the former Corner Canyon star who enrolled at BYU prior to spring football camp to compete for the starting job. Wilson was the only other quarterback listed on the two-deep roster Friday."
Ah...yeah. You would normally expect that there was only one other name listed on a two-deep roster.
Sorry Sean, but if you had any additional QB's listed, then it actually wouldn't be a "two-deep" roster.
4 tight ends were listed.
Boy, I bet you feel stupid.
Well, whether or not I "feel stupid" is totally independent of my comment. ;)
I did revise my comment before I saw yours: " I understand there are some positions with "or" so that there are actually more than 2 players listed, but those are positions where you would normally sub in other players. They don't naturally sub in QB's on a regular basis." It's a bit of spliting hairs, but he should have said it differently, so no, in this instance, I don't feel stupid.
E
EM_PumaAlso, along with my other comments, as I look over the depth chart, where does it say that it is a "two-deep" roster. I understand the "or" comment meaning we should expect to see these players subbed in, but there are positions where there are no "or" before, so I went back and looked at any releases and I don't see BYU stating they were releasing their '2-deep" roster.
M
MarsEM_Puma wrote:EM_Puma wrote:
Per Sean Walker at KSL:
"Mangum beat out true freshman Zach Wilson, the former Corner Canyon star who enrolled at BYU prior to spring football camp to compete for the starting job. Wilson was the only other quarterback listed on the two-deep roster Friday."
Ah...yeah. You would normally expect that there was only one other name listed on a two-deep roster.
Sorry Sean, but if you had any additional QB's listed, then it actually wouldn't be a "two-deep" roster.
4 tight ends were listed.
Boy, I bet you feel stupid.
Well, whether or not I "feel stupid" is totally independent of my comment. ;)
I did revise my comment before I saw yours: " I understand there are some positions with "or" so that there are actually more than 2 players listed, but those are positions where you would normally sub in other players. They don't naturally sub in QB's on a regular basis." It's a bit of slicing hairs, but he should have said it differently, so no, in this instance, I don't feel stupid.
Well that's no fun.
It's an odd depth chart. For example, it gives the 3-deep at FLB, with no ORs, but only lists 2 RBs.
Advertisement
C
CrimsonCougMars wrote:Mars wrote:
Per Sean Walker at KSL:
"Mangum beat out true freshman Zach Wilson, the former Corner Canyon star who enrolled at BYU prior to spring football camp to compete for the starting job. Wilson was the only other quarterback listed on the two-deep roster Friday."
Ah...yeah. You would normally expect that there was only one other name listed on a two-deep roster.
Sorry Sean, but if you had any additional QB's listed, then it actually wouldn't be a "two-deep" roster.
4 tight ends were listed.
Boy, I bet you feel stupid.
Well, whether or not I "feel stupid" is totally independent of my comment. ;)
I did revise my comment before I saw yours: " I understand there are some positions with "or" so that there are actually more than 2 players listed, but those are positions where you would normally sub in other players. They don't naturally sub in QB's on a regular basis." It's a bit of slicing hairs, but he should have said it differently, so no, in this instance, I don't feel stupid.
Well that's no fun.
It's an odd depth chart. For example, it gives the 3-deep at FLB, with no ORs, but only lists 2 RBs.
That's the [Lack of] Depth Chart
S
scott715Breaking down the depth chart.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

