Archived Topic

TV Options for Cord Cutters

by byufan4ever · 8/24/2018

Advertisement
B
byufan4ever
Here's what I've found so far:



Sling TV

Orange - $25 - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3

Blue - $25 - Fox Sports, FS1, FS2, TNT, NBC Sports, Tru

Orange + Blue $40

Cloud DVR - $5

Sports Package - $5 - ESPNU, ESPNews, ESPN Goal Line, NBATV



Playstation Vue - comes with DVR

Access - $45 - ESPN, ESPN2, TNT, Tru, FS1, FS2

Core - $50 - ESPNews, ESPNU, NBATV

Sports Package - $10 - ESPN Goal Line, Fox Sports, NBC Sports



DirecTV Now

Live a Little - $40 - ESPN, ESPN2, FS1, NBC Sports Network, TNT, True

Just Right - $55 - ESPNews, ESPNU



YouTubeTV - comes with DVR

$40 - ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, FS1, FS2, NBATV, NBC Sports, TNT, Tru



Any others that I missed? I've used both Sling TV and Playstation Vue in the past. It's looking like YouTubeTV is the best deal right now.
M
Mars
Which one has The Mtn.?
E
EM_Puma
Are you locked into a lengthy contract with YouTubeTV or can it just be month to month?



I've had DirecTV from back in the early 90's and yet I spend all my time using Plex, Hulu, Amazon and Netflix, so I want to drop them as I pay $160/month for 4 boxes throughout my house. My wife likes TCM and probably some AMC. I want to be able to see local news if I want to, but otherwise I only want to be able to watch the games, both FB and BB. Some of those I know I can get from BYUTv.
M
Mars
And actually, will any of these sources have access to the BYU-UMass game this season?
B
byufan4ever
EM_Puma wrote:

Are you locked into a lengthy contract with YouTubeTV or can it just be month to month?



I've had DirecTV from back in the early 90's and yet I spend all my time using Plex, Hulu, Amazon and Netflix, so I want to drop them as I pay $160/month for 4 boxes throughout my house. My wife likes TCM and probably some AMC. I want to be able to see local news if I want to, but otherwise I only want to be able to watch the games, both FB and BB. Some of those I know I can get from BYUTv.


All of these should be month-to-month and with a free trial.
Advertisement
V
vrob
There's also Hulu for $40/month. In my area it lists the following sports channels:



https://robidev.com/Screenshot_8.jpg" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">



And possibly of interest is this that I just read while researching streaming services:



"YouTube TV just added March Madness, MLB Postseason games, nationally televised NBA games, the NBA All-Star weekend events, NBA Playoff games, the PGA Championship and UEFA soccer. "



https://www.tomsguide.com/us/youtube-tv-vs-cable-tv-replacements,news-24578.html
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.