Archived Topic

Best plays from 8/20

by hawkwing · 8/21/2018

Advertisement
C
CrimsonCoug
Love seeing Tanner check down and go through his progressions. I like Wilson's quick release. Critchelow had some great tosses, too. Hall did well, but had one floater that would have been picked off against a decent defense. That it wasn't tells you something about our defense...
S
snoscythe
CrimsonCoug wrote:

Love seeing Tanner check down and go through his progressions. I like Wilson's quick release. Critchelow had some great tosses, too. Hall did well, but had one floater that would have been picked off against a decent defense. That it wasn't tells you something about our defense...


Isn't our defense interception-less this Fall?
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:


Love seeing Tanner check down and go through his progressions. I like Wilson's quick release. Critchelow had some great tosses, too. Hall did well, but had one floater that would have been picked off against a decent defense. That it wasn't tells you something about our defense...


Isn't our defense interception-less this Fall?


There have been a few ints. But not many.



https://twitter.com/CriddleBenjamin/status/1031804632861827072
B
BroncoBot
snoscythe wrote:


Love seeing Tanner check down and go through his progressions. I like Wilson's quick release. Critchelow had some great tosses, too. Hall did well, but had one floater that would have been picked off against a decent defense. That it wasn't tells you something about our defense...


Isn't our defense interception-less this Fall?


unless something changed in the last day or few, I recently read that no ints have been thrown by Wilson or Mangum.
Advertisement
G
Guest
BroncoBot wrote:


CrimsonCoug wrote:

Love seeing Tanner check down and go through his progressions. I like Wilson's quick release. Critchelow had some great tosses, too. Hall did well, but had one floater that would have been picked off against a decent defense. That it wasn't tells you something about our defense...


Isn't our defense interception-less this Fall?


unless something changed in the last day or few, I recently read that no ints have been thrown by Wilson or Mangum.

one of the comments I read about the 2nd scrimmage was that Wilson was making more big chunk plays but had more ints, I think.
M
Mars
I read today some critiques of Tanner's throwing motion. Saying he throws low and side-arm passes, passes that could be knocked down or picked off.
B
BroncoBot
Mars wrote:

I read today some critiques of Tanner's throwing motion. Saying he throws low and side-arm passes, passes that could be knocked down or picked off.

Sounds like John Beck, who ironically was working with Wilson over the summer.... I think.
S
snoscythe
BroncoBot wrote:


I read today some critiques of Tanner's throwing motion. Saying he throws low and side-arm passes, passes that could be knocked down or picked off.

Sounds like John Beck, who ironically was working with Wilson over the summer.... I think.


Criddle had one of the QB Elite guys on his program this afternoon that was the one putting the critique out there.



It was interesting that his level of praise was directly proportional to how much time he's worked with each of the QBs. He was overall positive about all four QBs, but most positive about the guys he worked the most with.



- worked the most with Kalen Hall -- loves everything about him, from his big legs up. Nothing negative, but all sorts of gushing.

- worked a good bit with Zach Wilson -- loves his tall mechanics. Nothing negative.

- worked just this one off season with Tanner -- I didn't hear anything about side-arm passes, but he was harping on how Tanner has a wide-base and in the past two seasons has become a long-strider (he wasn't doing this his Freshman year), which lowers his release point in the pocket, and that recently he has been dropping his elbow, leading to the ball sailing at times. This is what he was working on with Tanner, so it was a critique of what his problems were in Spring--he never said if there was any progress made.

- never worked with Critchlow, so only looked at film, but didn't like his loopy motion and slow release.



So the underlying message is that the more time you pay QB Elite to help you, the better you are.
S
scott715
Or maybe they get better?
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.