Archived Topic

2018 Position Group Rankings

by SpiffCoug · 8/16/2018

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
We didn't finish this.



Here's where we stand:



Most Confident

1. ???

2. ???

3. ???

4. ???

5. K/P (36%)

6. DL (57%)

7. WR/TE (54%)

8. RB (40%)

9. QB (33%)

Least Confident
A
ABYUFAN
I was trying to figure out why people were so confident in our KR/PR And then I realized the we may go entire games without having our PR ever take the field. (but I guess our KR would be busy those games - so there is that)
F
frdbtr
I'm trying to figure out why so many have confidence in an OL that has done nothing since about 2007. Maybe grimes is that good even though he is not directly coaching the OL.
A
ABYUFAN
frdbtr wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why so many have confidence in an OL that has done nothing since about 2007. Maybe grimes is that good even though he is not directly coaching the OL.


I, for one, believe that of all of the position groups, the OL has the best chance of getting competent coaching.
R
redneckjedi
I voted DB over the OL because of how well opponents passed on us. 2 out of every 3 passes were completed on average. Our opponents averaged a passer rating of 142. You could have an NFL-caliber OL and still have trouble winning games if you're giving that up.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
I'm fairly confident in KR/PR because basically all I expect is sure hands.
C
CrimsonCoug
Kind of funny that the group people have the most confidence in is PR/KR and we can't name names as to whose hands that will be.
S
SpiffCoug
I'm confident we can find one guy with sure hands.



Michael Shelton is back - he led the team with a whopping 17 punt returns last year, and was second with a whole 13 kickoff returns. He had longs of 39 and 31 yards, while averaging 6.7 and 19.9 yards per return respectively.
M
Mars
Hans Olsen, who is typically fairly negative about BYU, tweeted the other day that he was surprised to notice 7 good offensive linemen on this year's team.



He also stated that we have 0 good running backs.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.