frdbtr wrote:
I've been watching BYU games from 2014 and the Nebraska game in 2015 and I am just amazed at how good of a player Taysom Hill was. Taysom Hill was carving up Nebraska's defense even though he played most of the game on one foot. BYU would have either been undefeated or a 1 loss team in 2015 if it weren't for some really bad luck with Taysom's foot. Anyway, back to reality and our current mess of a program.
2015 was tough. I had a feeling going into that one that Taysom was going to be amazing. Wasn't to be. We did have some great moments with mangum. The receivers that year were great.
What was sad was everyone calling for mangum in 16 when the offense was struggling. I honestly think 16 would have been a repeat of 17 of it weren't for TH and Jamaal. They were enough offensively to carry us past the Toledos and MSUs.
A little follow up. Maybe Grimes will turn out to be the spark that makes the BYU engine fire up, but 2016 is my current ceiling/expectation of a KS lead BYU team.