Archived Topic

Wayne Tei-Kirby will be in camp

by Fido · 8/1/2018

Advertisement
F
Fido
1024776150768177153
B
BroncoBot
This means nothing to me....

I have to ask... Who?
F
frdbtr
BroncoBot wrote:

This means nothing to me....

I have to ask... Who?


Exactly my thoughts. I have no idea who this guy is or how he is going to improve BYU football.
E
EM_Puma
I knew I had heard the name before, but beyond that, I hadn't heard of anyone talking that he was going to be a contributor this year of any consequence, but what do I know?
S
scott715
transfer from U of O I believe.
Advertisement
M
Mars
Anyone who shows up who it was doubted, is far better to me than people who don't show up who were expected to.
G
Guest
Mars wrote:

Anyone who shows up who it was doubted, is far better to me than people who don't show up who were expected to.


The cougar in the bush is worth two in the wind.
E
EM_Puma
That's the aspect of opening fall camp that I dread every year. Suddenly this or that player doesn't show up and no one had been the wiser about that happening. Puketah's camp opened yesterday and while I didn't read any of the articles, I did listen to the local radio and I heard nothing of "no-shows".
Y
YNot
EM_Puma wrote:

I knew I had heard the name before, but beyond that, I hadn't heard of anyone talking that he was going to be a contributor this year of any consequence, but what do I know?


Tei-Kirby was listed as co-starting NT on the spring depth chart.

https://www.loyalcougars.com/football-roster/depth-chart/



He has been battling Khyris Tonga (who had a great 2017 season) for DT playing time. He was a 4-star recruit. As a freshman, he played in 9 games for Oregon during the 2016 season. Had 11 tackles, 2 pass-breakups, and a fumble recovery for the Ducks. Sat out 2017 as a transfer.



It would be a big deal if he isn't in the lineup.
A
ABYUFAN
EM_Puma wrote:

That's the aspect of opening fall camp that I dread every year. Suddenly this or that player doesn't show up and no one had been the wiser about that happening. Puketah's camp opened yesterday and while I didn't read any of the articles, I did listen to the local radio and I heard nothing of "no-shows".


I read that Francis Bernard was a no show for Utah. Not that that should make anyone here feel better.
Advertisement
F
Fido
Never heard of one of the big Sitake transfers? I thought you guys called yourselves fans...



Francis Bernard reportedly has some academic work to sort out. They didn't get into specifics. I'm also not sure I've seen any resolution to his charges unless those went unreported.
B
BroncoBot
scott715 wrote:

transfer from U of O I believe.


OREGON.

thanks.
E
EM_Puma
YNot wrote:


I knew I had heard the name before, but beyond that, I hadn't heard of anyone talking that he was going to be a contributor this year of any consequence, but what do I know?


Tei-Kirby was listed as co-starting NT on the spring depth chart.

https://www.loyalcougars.com/football-roster/depth-chart/



He has been battling Khyris Tonga (who had a great 2017 season) for DT playing time. He was a 4-star recruit. As a freshman, he played in 9 games for Oregon during the 2016 season. Had 11 tackles, 2 pass-breakups, and a fumble recovery for the Ducks. Sat out 2017 as a transfer.



It would be a big deal if he isn't in the lineup.


Thanks. Good info.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.