Archived Topic

BYU at #7 in CNNSI's Power Rankings

by timmyboy · 1/14/2010

Advertisement
G
GolfDiveNCougs
Okay, I bit on the intro to the article and clicked on the "Kansas four half-court shots." WELL worth the 2 minutes.



[youtube]n1o2lOrhdAE[/youtube]
G
Gunk
Sweet!



I like that he explained why he chose us at 7 rather then spending his time talking about Jimmer's name and other players with different names.
C
CougarClaw
I think 7 is way too high. Even if we are 2 games away from a BYU win-streak record, we've not played many difficult teams. I think we've been fun to watch and it's been a great ride, but we'll drop some when we lose at NM or UNLV...cause I think we'd be lucky to win both of those. UNLV is playing great basketball right now much to our chagrin.



Still nice to see the Cougars in anyone's top 10
S
SpiffCoug
Almost all teams are difficult on the road. We've played 9 games away from the Marriott Center. It's tough win away from home. North Carolina lost at Charleston. We may not have played "many difficult teams" but we have played many games away from home. That alone helps to make us a good team. How many of those teams above us in the polls have played that many games away from home?
Advertisement
M
Mars
CougarClaw wrote:
I think 7 is way too high. Even if we are 2 games away from a BYU win-streak record, we've not played many difficult teams.

7 wins over top 100 foes, more than anyone else in the MWC, the 6th-rated conference in the nation...
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.