G
GuestArchived Topic
He's baaaaaaaaaaaack...
by hawkwing · 7/7/2018
Advertisement
S
scott715Congrats but I still will not click on his articles.
J
JarheadUte fans can rejoice. More articles for them to troll.
G
GuestI can only imagine how the clicks at the Tribune must have dropped with no one writing about BYU.
1
1967cougarI like Jay. Just seems like a good guy to me. Regardless of his slant, he was always at the games and always kept us posted on Twitter. Besides, anytime a man loses his livelihood, my heart goes out to him. Glad he got it back!
Advertisement
S
SpiffCougI'm guessing he took a fairly decent pay cut as well. I wonder if he'll keep free-lancing with organizations like Forbes.
F
FidoSpiffCoug wrote:
I wonder if he'll keep free-lancing with organizations like Forbes.
He was on DJ and PK this morning filling in for the vacationing DJ and said he was back full time 100% focused on the SLTrib and would be giving up the Forbes gig. He also mentioned that as part of the changes the staff is making to be more appealing to readers is that he will start including more of his opinions on the topic and not just reporting what happened. Not like a column but more than just what happened.
S
snoscytheFido wrote:
I wonder if he'll keep free-lancing with organizations like Forbes.
He was on DJ and PK this morning filling in for the vacationing DJ and said he was back full time 100% focused on the SLTrib and would be giving up the Forbes gig. He also mentioned that as part of the changes the staff is making to be more appealing to readers is that he will start including more of his opinions on the topic and not just reporting what happened. Not like a column but more than just what happened.
Trib has also moved Kragthorpe over from a generalist sportswriter to Utes beat writer.
K
KingCougBoth Drew and Kragthorpe can go crap in their hats.
Speaking of tools, here's the latest from Monson saying BYU should "swallow it's pride" and return to the MWC.
I'd rather see Monson swallow strychnine.
https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/07/12/monson-byu-should-swallow/
Speaking of tools, here's the latest from Monson saying BYU should "swallow it's pride" and return to the MWC.
I'd rather see Monson swallow strychnine.
J
JarheadThe MWC would be fine, but they would need to grant concessions to BYU for it to make any sense; and that aint ever happening.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFANBYU to the MWC makes as much sense as screen doors on a battle ship
E
EM_PumaI'm glad Drew is back. I was totally shocked when he, after his recent departure, frequented 960 ESPN. Criddle seemed happy to have him and I think he did fine. I do like to hear the opinion of those that aren't so "married" to BYU and can be objective. He often tilted the scales just a bit too negative and I'd like to see him move from that. Call a spade a spade, but don't focus totally on that one suit, and don't act like you're only interested in throwing BYU under the bus.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

