Archived Topic

Wisconsin 2018 Preview

by scott715 · 7/4/2018

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
BYU will be lucky to score in this one.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
Did we cross the 50 last year?



This will be a game of total, all-out battle to get a first down, every down, for 60 minutes. I think we will get some. I think we will score some, but I have no idea how that might look.



During the loss last year, I sat near some (very friendly) Wisconsin fans. Their team is downright elite. If BYU can even be in the game during the 4th quarter, that would be an accomplishment.



Wisconsin will probably be a NY6 bowl and/or playoff contender. If BYU can hang with these guys, it is a lift to the program.



My keys to this one: 1. Somehow find a way to make long, sustained offensive drives. 2. A disruptive D line and linebackers that give us 2+ turnovers. 3. A bend but don't break, stifle-as-often-as-you-can defense. Wisconsin will score, but will it be 42+ or will it be a hard fought 21-24? Can the offense make it to that level against elite competition?
C
CrimsonCoug
This game will be the best test of Jeff Grimes vs Ilaisa Tuiaki--OL versus DL. Wisconsin is always excellent in the trenches, on both sides of the ball. I'm guessing our OL will fare much better than our DL.



Grimes>>Tuiaki
S
scott715
This is the next game on ABC.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.