Archived Topic

2018 Position Group Rankings

by SpiffCoug · 6/28/2018

Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
It is time for the 2018 Cougar Corner Position Group Rankings!



Remember, we'll start at the bottom with the position group in which we have the least amount of confidence and work our way up to the group we're actually confident in.
A
ABYUFAN
Tough call - if TE was taken out of the WR/TE group that would be a solid "least amount of confidence." Personally, receivers have sucked for so long that even with a returning freshman All American TE and a Senior transfer Collie in the mix, I still have the least confidence in them.
G
Guest
Hmm
S
scott715
Boy this was tough. I guess I don't know enough about the rumors of the different groups. I could base the answer over last years play but it might not be accurate.
G
Guest
Running Backs give me the most worry, I think Squally will be adequate, after that. Nothing but doubt.
Advertisement
S
snoscythe
As long as Sitake and Tuiaki keep talking about how they are going to cut down on blitzes and rely on the front 4 to get pressure, DL will always be my #1 worry. That unit looked impotent last year, and I haven't seen a single move or change to do anything to improve it.
S
SpiffCoug
I went with QBs since I have serious questions about the accuracy, durability and ability of all the players at that position. Plus, there is an entirely new offense being installed. Questions abound and my confidence lacks.
G
Guest
SpiffCoug wrote:

I went with QBs since I have serious questions about the accuracy, durability and ability of all the players at that position. Plus, there is an entirely new offense being installed. Questions abound and my confidence lacks.


Aaron Roderick is also a legitimate concern as well. His QBs at Utah have not done well, his offense at Utah was awful. He was a special consultant brought in by Kalani to help Ty Detmer craft and call the offense last year. Not exactly an amazing track record.
S
snoscythe
hawkwing wrote:
Aaron Rogers is also a legitimate concern as well.


False.



https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bf/4c/b0/bf4cb03997b4d144bb313f536c76f017.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">
J
Jarhead
Who are our kicker & punter?
Advertisement
G
Guest
snoscythe wrote:

Aaron Rogers is also a legitimate concern as well.


False.



https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bf/4c/b0/bf4cb03997b4d144bb313f536c76f017.gif" alt="" loading="lazy" style="max-width:100%">


LOL
G
Gunk
WR...we have none.
B
byufan4ever
I voted for QB thinking it would be an unpopular opinion...
S
snoscythe
byufan4ever wrote:

I voted for QB thinking it would be an unpopular opinion...


Ryan Teeples has been poisoning the well since January.
C
CrimsonCoug
I interpreted the question as 'which position am I the most concerned about BEING ABLE TO DO THEIR JOB.' I went with KR/PR. We were at the very bottom in almost every return category last year, and there's no sign that will improve.

Close second would be DL, for the reasons Sno stated. I have the most concern for the DL's IMPACT ON THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME. But at least the DL has Corbin, who played adequately and has the build to be a big disruption. Unless we put Collie on PR, we have nothing. (And I say that by association more than by demonstration...just remembering what Austin was able to do against Tulsa)
Advertisement
S
scott715
The Colie idea is a good idea. Maybe it will happen.
M
Mars
snoscythe wrote:


I voted for QB thinking it would be an unpopular opinion...


Ryan Teeples has been poisoning the well since January.

It wasn't exactly a healthy well to begin with.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.