S
scott715Archived Topic
Media Day 2018
by scott715 · 6/22/2018
Advertisement
S
snoscytheMLP at #3 at TE is a bit surprising (especially since this is Nwigwe's first season after converting to the position).
MLP was supposed to be a pivotal piece in Ty Detmer's offense last season and his injury right before the opener was supposedly a big reason for the lost look of the offense early on.
Goes to show that Grimes is really putting a premium on blocking from the TE spot.
MLP was supposed to be a pivotal piece in Ty Detmer's offense last season and his injury right before the opener was supposedly a big reason for the lost look of the offense early on.
Goes to show that Grimes is really putting a premium on blocking from the TE spot.
S
snoscytheAlso interesting to see that "The" long snapper is no longer "the" long snapper.
S
snoscytheConspicuously absent:
1) Mo Langi (well, everything Mo Langi is conspicuous)
2) Ula Tolutau
1) Mo Langi (well, everything Mo Langi is conspicuous)
2) Ula Tolutau
S
snoscytheLast observation -- Sitake was encouraging Butch Pau'u to transfer because he was not tall enough for where they wanted to take BYU's defense this year.
Butch is listed the same height as his co-#1, and only 1" shorter than the other two backups.
Yeah, I know they fudge numbers, but really????
Butch is listed the same height as his co-#1, and only 1" shorter than the other two backups.
Yeah, I know they fudge numbers, but really????
Advertisement
S
scott715UCLA is currently off the roster.
F
FidoToo bad those 2 guys aren't there. With those guys off the roster that leaves the scholarship count for this season at 87 (must be 85 by the start of the season). Maybe it ends up being an incoming returned missionary who redshirts to get in shape and plays at the end of the season like Sitake mentioned would be a big plus for the team with the new change in rules for this fall.
F
FidoI missed this one but per Jay Drew's Forbes story:
Linebackers coach Ed Lamb said Jeremiah Ieremia, the returned missionary from Hurricane, Utah, is no longer on the roster.
So that leaves 1 scholarship to sort out.
Linebackers coach Ed Lamb said Jeremiah Ieremia, the returned missionary from Hurricane, Utah, is no longer on the roster.
So that leaves 1 scholarship to sort out.
F
FidoDB Trevion Greene is also listed as no longer in the program and is the final scholarship question mark to get them down to 85. LoyalCougars says Tolutau, Tukuafu, and Ieremia are "working towards a return" to the program. Grimes mentioned that Tolutau and Tukuafu are not with the program right now, hopefully will be for the fall. I guess we'll have to wait and see on those guys.
Advertisement
S
snoscytheOne thing that struck me about media day was the players who BYU chose to parade out to the media feeding frenzy -- the only QB was Tanner Mangum.
I don't think this QB race is as close as they are making it out to be. I think it is Tanner's job to lose. Unless he looks terrible the first week and a half of Fall camp, I think Mangum has it in the bag.
I don't think this QB race is as close as they are making it out to be. I think it is Tanner's job to lose. Unless he looks terrible the first week and a half of Fall camp, I think Mangum has it in the bag.
F
frdbtrsnoscythe wrote:
MLP at #3 at TE is a bit surprising (especially since this is Nwigwe's first season after converting to the position).
MLP was supposed to be a pivotal piece in Ty Detmer's offense last season and his injury right before the opener was supposedly a big reason for the lost look of the offense early on.
Goes to show that Grimes is really putting a premium on blocking from the TE spot.
Also goes to show that he hasn't an ounce of toughness and Grimes doesn't want marshmallows on the field.
F
frdbtrsnoscythe wrote:
One thing that struck me about media day was the players who BYU chose to parade out to the media feeding frenzy -- the only QB was Tanner Mangum.
I don't think this QB race is as close as they are making it out to be. I think it is Tanner's job to lose. Unless he looks terrible the first week and a half of Fall camp, I think Mangum has it in the bag.
I would love to see Tanner come back and show us the stuff he had in 15.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

