Archived Topic

Support Team Fredette in "The Basketball Tournament"

by tmoney35 · 6/7/2018

Advertisement
T
tmoney35
Become a Fan and follow!



https://www.thetournament.com/create-account/fan/5b19307085d8f649658747



He's playing this year and his team is a 2 seed. Their game is scheduled for July 21 @ 12 EDT



Other teammates of note, Charles Abouo (!) and Darington Hobson from good 'ol UNM. My interest is peaked and I can't wait to see Jimmer and Abuou on the court again :crazy:
Q
Qman
I am excited to have some competitive basketball. Hopefully they have enough guys who can board and defend.
Q
Qman
Team Fredette has advanced to the final 8 teams. Jimmer had 41 points. Davies had several important plays as well.
T
tmoney35
Watching this tournament has been the most fun I've had watching basketball for years...maybe since Jimmer graduated :crazy: .



The games have been fast and intense. A little sloppy at times, but a lot of talented players nonetheless.



Charles Abouo has been fairly invisible. Davies has shown flashes of dominance, but still has a maddening tendency for stupid fouls. Great seeing him out there...even if I'm still pissed about the 2011 tournament.



I LOVE the elam ending! I've always hated watching the last couple minutes of close basketball games. It's boring, mind-numbing basketball. This way forces each team to actually keep playing real basketball until the end.
T
tmoney35
Also, the announcers mentioned that Davies was co-rookie of the year in Europe last year. I hadn't heard that. Good on him!
Advertisement
S
scott715
He did very well in Europe and his team won the championship.
S
SpiffCoug
Team Fredette won again today and advanced to the Final Four.
I
imuakahuku
SpiffCoug wrote:

Team Fredette won again today and advanced to the Final Four.


um they didn't win today, they destroyed, dominated, decimated, fill in the blank, the team from Ohio St. And still keep getting picked against by the announcers. And again with the "not as athletic, not as talented", yada yada. I guess they are winning by shear luck?
G
Gunk
Hope he wins the whole thing.
B
BoiseBYU
imuakahuku wrote:


Team Fredette won again today and advanced to the Final Four.


um they didn't win today, they destroyed, dominated, decimated, fill in the blank, the team from Ohio St. And still keep getting picked against by the announcers. And again with the "not as athletic, not as talented", yada yada. I guess they are winning by shear luck?


Spot on! There was one play where Jimmer dribbled the ball through the OSU player’s legs—some former big time star. Hilarious! If I had the link I’d post it.
Advertisement
G
Gunk
BoiseBYU wrote:


SpiffCoug wrote:

Team Fredette won again today and advanced to the Final Four.


um they didn't win today, they destroyed, dominated, decimated, fill in the blank, the team from Ohio St. And still keep getting picked against by the announcers. And again with the "not as athletic, not as talented", yada yada. I guess they are winning by shear luck?


Spot on! There was one play where Jimmer dribbled the ball through the OSU player’s legs—some former big time star. Hilarious! If I had the link I’d post it.


https://twitter.com/espn/status/1023686711837184000?s=19
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.