Archived Topic

Cougar Chase

by CrimsonCoug · 6/5/2018

Advertisement
C
CrimsonCoug
Looks like Tanner's Achilles is healed up enough to run a 5k.



http://www.klkntv.com/story/38333770/byu-football-players-get-chased-at-the-chase-a-cougar-5k



The BYU Alumni Association in Lincoln Nebraska pulled off a stunt to raise money for a local to attend BYU. In the process they got it covered by the local news outlet and got Tanner and Hadley plus some former Huskers to come to the fun run.



I think it's a great thing for BYU in sending Mangum out there. Revisiting the place where he first had success can be a cathartic experience in healing over what John Beck called the "psychological scars" of last year's poor season. It can help Mangum remember what it felt like to win, against all odds. Getting back to his roots.
G
Guest
I wish they would have talked about how the actual race went. I'd love to see what Hadley and Mangum's 5k times are. If anyone beat them, etc.
T
TulaneVandyRiceCoug
I'm curious too. The 5k time is not really a classic measure used with football. But still, a D-1 ath-uh-lete should probably do pretty well in the race. I would be interested in knowing.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.