Archived Topic

revote 2016

by BroncoBot · 5/10/2018

Advertisement
B
BroncoBot
Trumpers/Never Trumpers/Hillary fans/Ron Paul fans/Cruz fans



Are there any out there who would have changed their vote from November 16? Anyone brave enough to tell us about it and why?



Thanks in advance to any brave souls who step forward.



My vote came down to crap chute Trump and who I felt was a legitimate threat to the USA in Hillary. I'm still glad I voted from Trump, glad he was elected, glad for the good things he's done including stocking the courts with more conservatives and at least one good supreme court justice. North Korea has been working out well. We could see the mullahs fall in Iran at some point in the next few years.



However, politically, I have many disagreements with trump.
A
ABYUFAN
I'm in California - So I was in a unique position that my vote for president would be 100% irrelevant. I wrote in a friend from church as a goof for her birthday, and then posted it on Facebook. I'd do it all over again if I had the choice.
S
scott715
No change, my state of Oregon did not matter. So I voted for the guy from Utah, what's his name. No change.
M
Mars
scott715 wrote:

No change, my state of Oregon did not matter. So I voted for the guy from Utah, what's his name. No change.

McMullen. He was my vote, which I would do again. That being said, as much as I dislike Trump I'm glad he beat Hillary.
S
SpiffCoug
No change. I didn't vote for Trump. I probably wouldn't vote for McMullin as he showed himself to be much further on the Left after the election than he purported himself to be prior to. He began to be much more anti-Trump than anything - where everything Trump does is wrong.



So I probably wouldn't vote for anyone on the ballot.



And like Mars, I'm so glad Hillary didn't win.
Advertisement
G
Guest
I didn't vote for Trump. I wouldn't ever vote for Trump. I would write in Mitt Romney as my first choice. If I had to pick someone on the ballot I'd vote for Evan McMullen or that crackpot Libertarian guy, Johnson?
N
nuk13
I voted for Mr. Trump and I would not change. He has been good for the economy. He hasn't let other nations bully us. I read opinions that we are not held in high esteem by other nations (probably because he isn't doling out our money to them). That doesn't bother me as I live here not there. I am also glad he beat Hilary.
C
Cougarfan87
hawkwing wrote:

I didn't vote for Trump. I wouldn't ever vote for Trump. I would write in Mitt Romney as my first choice. If I had to pick someone on the ballot I'd vote for Evan McMullen or that crackpot Libertarian guy, Johnson?


Hey! I voted for that crackpot and I would do it again. He seemed like the best candidate at the time. And nothing has changed my mind about that.



Though between Hillary and Trump, I am glad Trump won if for nothing else than to get conservative supreme court justices. They impact our lives far more than any other government employee.
G
Guest
Cougarfan87 wrote:


I didn't vote for Trump. I wouldn't ever vote for Trump. I would write in Mitt Romney as my first choice. If I had to pick someone on the ballot I'd vote for Evan McMullen or that crackpot Libertarian guy, Johnson?


Hey! I voted for that crackpot and I would do it again. He seemed like the best candidate at the time. And nothing has changed my mind about that.



Though between Hillary and Trump, I am glad Trump won if for nothing else than to get conservative supreme court justices. They impact our lives far more than any other government employee.


I don't disagree with you there. I think we'd be in a very different place if Hillary won, in some ways better, in many ways worse, but my conscious would never allow me to vote for either Hillary or Trump.
C
crazycougar84601
I voted McMullen



I don't think i would change it today. I was in the same camp as the rest of you. Very happy Hillary didn't win. My petty side is glad trump is president and makes all the liberal go absolutely bananas (love the video compilations on youtube showing all the "experts" picking hillary by a landslide with election night coverage of the massive implosion). But at the end of the day i just couldn't vote for Trump or Hillary as neither seemed the lesser of two evils.



I'm hoping the GOP got a wake up call on what future candidates the PEOPLE want, not who they own.
Advertisement
G
Guest
I think it's good to see bipartisan action going on in Washington. If Never Trump supporters can help bring about some good conservative policies by working with certain Democrats, that's great news.
B
BlueK
nuk13 wrote:

I voted for Mr. Trump and I would not change. He has been good for the economy. He hasn't let other nations bully us. I read opinions that we are not held in high esteem by other nations (probably because he isn't doling out our money to them). That doesn't bother me as I live here not there. I am also glad he beat Hilary.


Fair enough on the economy so far, but he's going off the tracks on his protectionist/anti trade nonsense. If he really does push through all this tariff stuff then the economy will not stay good.



And by the way, no one is bullying us. This poor us victimization garbage Trump likes to keep spewing is embarrassing nonsense. The country that comes closest to trying to bully the US is the one Trump is the nicest to - RUSSIA.
B
BlueK
This separating families at the border policy seems unnecessarily cruel to me. Apparently to the Bretheren as well:



The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has long expressed its position that immigration reform should strengthen families and keep them together. The forced separation of children from their parents now occurring at the U.S.-Mexico border is harmful to families, especially to young children. We are deeply troubled by the aggressive and insensitive treatment of these families. While we recognize the right of all nations to enforce their laws and secure their borders, we encourage our national leaders to take swift action to correct this situation and seek for rational, compassionate solutions.



https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/church-statement-separation-of-families-at-us-mexico-border
B
BroncoBot
wow.

I am gonna double down on my Trump vote with today's SCOTuS Kennedy news. Never have I felt better about Trump being elected.



I can't even imagine HRC choosing even a single SCJ. But 2? We'd have been dead.
Advertisement
A
ABYUFAN
hawkwing wrote:

https://twitter.com/tinsleman/status/1011650312300621825



Any Trump supporters want to sell me their Harley that they will now refuse to ride? I'm interested at $500.


Harley Davidsons are not efficient, exceptionally powerful or reliable.



Harley riders love their bikes IN SPITE of their bikes. Now they can love them in spite of the CEO's opinions as well.
S
snoscythe
The Harley CEO is about to get fired.



Not only is he tone-deaf to his customer base and their political leanings, he's conveniently omitting the fact that in February he was lobbying Trump for put the screws to India because they had 75% tariffs on Harley imports. Trump threatened tariffs and an embargo against India, and India blinked and cut Harley Davidson tariffs by nearly half.



Just 4 short months later, he wants to ding Trump for his trade and tariff practices after encouraging him in the first place.
B
BoiseBYU
ABYUFAN wrote:


https://twitter.com/tinsleman/status/1011650312300621825



Any Trump supporters want to sell me their Harley that they will now refuse to ride? I'm interested at $500.


Harley Davidsons are not efficient, exceptionally powerful or reliable.



Harley riders love their bikes IN SPITE of their bikes. Now they can love them in spite of the CEO's opinions as well.


Haha spot on! And now there will be fewer American workers building those Harleys for Americans to love in spite of....
A
ABYUFAN
BoiseBYU wrote:


hawkwing wrote:

https://twitter.com/tinsleman/status/1011650312300621825



Any Trump supporters want to sell me their Harley that they will now refuse to ride? I'm interested at $500.


Harley Davidsons are not efficient, exceptionally powerful or reliable.



Harley riders love their bikes IN SPITE of their bikes. Now they can love them in spite of the CEO's opinions as well.


Haha spot on! And now there will be fewer American workers building those Harleys for Americans to love in spite of....


I'm not certain that there will be any fewer American workers building Harleys. It looked to me that the production for overseas Harleys are what's going to be sent out - My impression are those are the Street 500/750 bikes which are largely produced overseas already. I have no idea as to the amount of domestically produced Harleys that are exported to begin with. So I don't know enough about the production Harleys to comment here - but like any good American I will not let that lack of knowledge stop me from spouting something off.
Page 1 of 2
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.