Archived Topic

BYU USU extend series with 2 more games

by Fido · 5/3/2018

Advertisement
F
Fido
992060413784158213
F
Fido
This now fills 2021 (and kills the rumor about Wyoming in 2021). It also is interesting because I thought Utah State wanted to skip a season to get in a situation where they don't play Boise State and BYU on the road in the same season.
G
Guest
Looks like USU needed another money game ;)
S
SpiffCoug
I'm ok with extending a rivalry in which we're competitive and even play well in the games in some years.
F
Fido
The game falls on Friday, Oct 1 in 2021 and Friday, Sep 30 in 2022 so continues on conference weekends. This is becoming the traditional game for that week.
Advertisement
S
SpiffCoug
Fido wrote:

The game falls on Friday, Oct 1 in 2021 and Friday, Sep 30 in 2022 so continues on conference weekends. This is becoming the traditional game for that week.


It IS the traditional game for the week. This year will be the 21st time BYU and Utah State have played that Friday night since 1987 (32 seasons). Here are the years it was the Conference weekend game:



2018

2017

2014

2013

2012

2011

2010

2009

2008

2002

2001

2000

1999

1997

1996

1994

1992

1991

1989

1988

1987
G
Guest
I love the tradition.
M
Mars
Well Moo-Moo buckaroo!
C
CrimsonCoug
Yeah. I just wish that the priesthood session of conference had been scheduled in the Fall rather than the Spring. That would make for a nice weekend trip with my boys when they turn 12, and would have kept March Madness free from competing "priorities"...!
S
screamineagle2
CrimsonCoug wrote:

Yeah. I just wish that the priesthood session of conference had been scheduled in the Fall rather than the Spring. That would make for a nice weekend trip with my boys when they turn 12, and would have kept March Madness free from competing "priorities"...!


I would also prefer it in the Fall but I bet it probably has to do with the fact that Both Priesthoods were restored in the Spring and it gives some nice opportunities to incorporate restoration Celebrations/recognitions into the Priesthood sessions. I could be totally wrong. Just my thoughts.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.