Archived Topic

Beau Tanner transferring

by hawkwing · 4/27/2018

Advertisement
M
Mars
Moving him from WR was a mistake, even before this.
B
BoiseBYU
If he goes to Coffeyville CC, I'm claiming conspiracy......
F
Fido
Mars wrote:

Moving him from WR was a mistake, even before this.

"Mistake" is pretty harsh. Here is his history before there is too much gnashing of teeth over his transfer:

(from http://byuinsider.com/football/beau-tanner/ and BYUCougars.com)

Recruited by BYU back in 2013 (Bronco Mendenhall), but was signed by Kentucky. Unfortunately, in a ruling that was later reversed he was declared ineligible for a D1 scholarship out of high school. He was not rated by Rivals, Scout, or ESPN, but held scholarship offers from Kentucky, Texas Tech, UCLA, and USU. He was also recruited by BYU and Cal.

2013 Scottsdale CC 23 receptions for 401 yards and 4 TDs, returned 10 kicks for 204 yards

2014-15 MISSION

2016 BYU 10 games @ WR 1 reception for 5 yards

2017 BYU 13 games @ WR, 12 receptions for 135 yards and 1 TD, 1 rush for 6 yards



He played in over 85% of games for 2 seasons and averaged barely over 6 yards receiving per game and was consuming a scholarship. I think the move to DB was a last ditch effort to find a niche for him on this squad. I wish him well wherever he lands.



If you count incoming players this fall, the count on scholarships is still around 90 after Tanner's transfer and the number has to be down to 85 before the season.
Advertisement
G
Guest
To be fair, his WR numbers were under the Ben Cahoon/Ty Detmer/Kalani Sitake style of offense, which is complete trash.



He did decent under Anae, like everyone else on our offense.
A
ABYUFAN
hawkwing wrote:

To be fair, his WR numbers were under the Ben Cahoon/Ty Detmer/Kalani Sitake style of offense, which is complete trash.



He did decent under Anae, like everyone else on our offense.


When did he play under Anae? I thought that he was only at BYU 2 years. And I was also very unimpressed by him. I certainly wish him the best moving forward - but I didn't see anything out of him that was better than anything else out there
G
Guest
My bad, he never played under Anae.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.