S
scott715Archived Topic
CBS Coaches on the hot seat
by scott715 · 4/21/2018
Advertisement
C
CrimsonCougThis was painful to read,
"BYU's offense was rather odorous in 2017, averaging only 17.1 points per game (and 8.2 PPG in its six games against teams that finished with a winning record)."
Especially that parenthetical stat.
I've like Detmer a lot and have defended him. And there are a lot of other issues (injuries) that influenced that stat. It's taken me a while to get there, but I've got to say that letting him go was not without cause. I still don't know that it was the right call; I would have preferred to give him one more year, but I can finally accept that what Sitake and Holmoe did was not unreasonable.
"BYU's offense was rather odorous in 2017, averaging only 17.1 points per game (and 8.2 PPG in its six games against teams that finished with a winning record)."
Especially that parenthetical stat.
I've like Detmer a lot and have defended him. And there are a lot of other issues (injuries) that influenced that stat. It's taken me a while to get there, but I've got to say that letting him go was not without cause. I still don't know that it was the right call; I would have preferred to give him one more year, but I can finally accept that what Sitake and Holmoe did was not unreasonable.
S
SpiffCougBYU scored 222 points last year. 102 of those points (or 45.9%) came in three games (25% of the season) - against San Jose St, UNLV and Hawaii. Those teams combined to win 10 games.
BYU gained 4,228 yards last year. 1,474 of those yards (or 33.5%) came in those same three games.
Firing Detmer was wholly justified.
BYU gained 4,228 yards last year. 1,474 of those yards (or 33.5%) came in those same three games.
Firing Detmer was wholly justified.
This is an archived topic from the original CougarCorner forum. New replies are not accepted.

